JAPAN Aid

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Oliver Heindorf

JAPAN Aid

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

Totally OT, sorry Matrix, but :

Lets make a thread posting / response if you helped the ppl by sending money to aid Japanese ppl.

I'll start.

please all help. thank you !
wworld7

RE: JAPAN Aid

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

Totally OT, sorry Matrix, but :

Lets make a thread posting / response if you have sent money to aid Japan.

I'll start.

please all help. thank you !
Post if you want, but when I give to a cause, I avoid and don't want any sense of recognition or thanks.

Flipper
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Same here. Seems like a thread with the single purpose of self-aggrandisement.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Oliver Heindorf

@ Flipper : Sorry, it was just meant to help the people and I felt the need to do something. Maybe others want to join. Where is the problem with that ?

@ Termi : These words from you..., well anyone could said that but you, I just LMAO. The local resident response/spam machine here....imho you done enough self-aggrandisement the last few years here.

Knavery

Post by Knavery »

Whatever... To each his own. Some people feel the need to get recognition for their charity efforts, so good for you for helping out. While I feel the thread to be a little strange just to say you've given, I'm not going to act all old and crotchety and say you don't deserve recognition.
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
Oliver Heindorf

errm, I am not here to get any recognition. I dont care about recognition by myself. We have other forum members here for that job.

This post was meant to help the poor people only. If anyone have problems even with that, fine by me and not my problem. And yes, I dont care about their personnally problems.

I care about the childrens who have lost their homes now.

To make it clear : recognition is needed to the victims. It was just an announcement shouting 'help'

thank you

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Same here. Seems like a thread with the single purpose of self-aggrandisement.
How do you know it? Maybe it's meant to encourage others?
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

The people who are prepared to give money to this will do it anyway, without this thread.

Oh, and the original poster can sit on it and rotate (to quote George Costanza).
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

The people who are prepared to give money to this will do it anyway, without this thread.
How do you know?
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I just gave $100 to the American Red Cross specifically directed toward the Japanese Earthquake victims. What a good boy am I!! [:'(]

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf
.....I care about the childrens who have lost their homes now.

To make it clear : recognition is needed to the victims. It was just an announcement shouting 'help'

thanks Oliver -- anything that helps support aid to Japan seems worthwhile to me.

thanks
rick
sven

Post by sven »

Oh, and the original poster can sit on it and rotate (to quote George Costanza).

Glad to see MatrixGames forum thread quality control is on the case.

You are aware the latter portion of your post is in all likelihood inappropo yes?
sven

Post by sven »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

How do you know?

It has to do with omniscience and omnipotence.

Think of Santa Claus' spy network attached to Puck.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I find it interesting how news footage shows the Japanese people calmly lining up for food,water etc yet other countries when they have earthquakes its a mass riot of shoving and pushing  women and children and the elderly out of the way to get a bottle of water.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Japan does need our help. I cannot believe what they are going through now and I keep them all in my prayers. Please keep this thread non-political.

What I'd like to see posted here is suggestions on where to donate, if anyone has good info on the organizations that are doing the best work over there that will immediately benefit the people who are currently lacking shelter and possible low on food, clothing and medicine.

We also have customers in Japan. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. If you have any advice from a local perspective, please post it.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
What I'd like to see posted here is suggestions on where to donate, if anyone has good info on the organizations that are doing the best work over there that will immediately benefit the people who are currently lacking shelter and possible low on food, clothing and medicine.

I work for a Japanese car manufacturer (Mazda) and the information we're getting here from HQ is that the main organization that's "on the frontline" so to speak is the Red Cross

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

As far as i know, Japan prefers if we support local organisations. I don't have ideas which one. Here in Switzerland, they are collecting funds which will be given to japanese organisations...this a unusual procedure here but it seems to be the way Japan wants it.

Cheers
sven

Post by sven »

Japan does need our help. I cannot believe what they are going through now and I keep them all in my prayers. Please keep this thread non-political.

We also have customers in Japan. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. If you have any advice from a local perspective, please post it.

Regards,

- Erik

so just to be clear Erik Terminus' offering in post 8 "sit on it and rotate" and such is what we're looking for in this thread and from shadow "staff"?
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Regards,

- Erik

Here is a safe and honest place to donate to Japan's need Samaritan's Purse
Oliver Heindorf

We (my company and the emplyees) sent money to the japanese red cross http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/

or americans can sent / help under www.redcross.org

Return to “General Discussion”