Frequency of turns

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sun Tempest

Frequency of turns

Post by Sun Tempest »

I would like to know what's the weekly average for turns over PBEM, especially in case of two-days turns.

Thank you
Chickenboy

RE: Frequency of turns

Post by Chickenboy »

Totally depends on your partner(s), Sun Tempest. I'm sure there are those out there that can flip multiple turns daily, while others may only be able to get off one every other or every third day.

The only thing I'd add would be to clarify that a 2x2 PBEM would likely have a slower turn around time than a 1 vs. 1 PBEM-fewer cooks in the broth and all that.
Matto

Post by Matto »

I have experience from WitP and 2x2 PBEM play, where we played until winter 44-45 and in real live we played it four and half year (2days/turn) ... so it is about two turns per week
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

1 turn per day- occassionaly drop one and it takes 2 days when real life intrudes. Playing 1 day turns
Oldguard1970

Post by Oldguard1970 »

It absolutely depends on you and your partner(s). I am in a PBEM that is in its third real year of play. We are in the middle of Feb 1942! My partner and I celebrated a great month in Jan 2011. He managed to get TWO turns done! We were all fired up to try to do THREE turns this February, but (sigh) he hasn't been able to send any turns so far.
"Rangers Lead the Way!"
invernomuto

Post by invernomuto »

On average, 5 turns a week, playing 1 day turns.

Bye
LST Express

Post by LST Express »

A turn a day during the week and maybe 3-5 turns on Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes less, playing one day turns.
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Playing three games.
On one, during the work week, depending on what work I am actually doing, 2-3 turns a day. sometimes 4 or 5 if I work a 24 hr shift during the weekend. We are in June 44.
Second game, chronicled in "Muddling along" one turn a day during workweek, maybe one during the weekend. I find it harder to play with the wife around. Game is now in July 42.
Third game, playing Japanese, two or three turns during the work week, one or two at the most on weekends. It is now Dec 26 41.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
seille

Post by seille »

Usually one per week day and 2-3 on saturday/sunday.
One game, 1 day turns.
5thGuardsTankArmy

Post by 5thGuardsTankArmy »

Me and my game partner kick out an avverage of 5 turns pr week day and 15-20 rounds pr weekend (Freiday to Sunday eve)!!
The contract of the game says minimum 2 pr day, but in practical terns we do an avverage of 5 pr day.
Nikademus

Post by Nikademus »

I'm like the vitamin.....One-A-Day.

(if i'm lucky)

Brady

Post by Brady »

Two games:

1 @ 1 a day, small game

1 @ aprox 2 a day, Big game

(both are single day turns.)
[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

In my PBEM we are averaging one turn a day. Sometimes we both have the same day off and the weather is bad so we knock out 3 or 4 turns. Other times one or both of us have something else going on and we get no turns in. 
fair winds,
Brad
mike scholl 1

Post by mike scholl 1 »

Sonny II and I completed a game of AE with an average of  over 2 turns a day even including some vacations and other interruptions.  Of course the fact that we are both retired and single probably helped a lot. [:D][:D][:D]
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

I am currently playing 2 games, both are about one turn per two days, we do have a vacation "house rule" in both games, one game is 1 on 1 and second game is between 5 of my office workers, my 2nd game opponent runs the allies and I am Japanese in both games. So far the "vacation" house rule has been quite nice.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
beppi

Post by beppi »

In my PBEM we have the fixed rule of 1 turn a day which except for very few occasions has never be broken. Quite often we even do 3-4 turns a day in the evening as we both are in the same timezone. So on average i would estimate that we have 2 - 2,5 turns a day.

I see it as respect for my opponent to always keep the agreed minimum of 1 turn a day, and even in vacation it is possible to do a quick turn where no important things happen.
Sun Tempest

Post by Sun Tempest »

ORIGINAL: 5thGuardsTankArmy

Me and my game partner kick out an avverage of 5 turns pr week day and 15-20 rounds pr weekend (Freiday to Sunday eve)!!
The contract of the game says minimum 2 pr day, but in practical terns we do an avverage of 5 pr day.

5 turns per day, with Japan[&:] How much you spend to prepare a turn?
I would like to have your free time[&o]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”