Simple Questions

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

canuckgamer

Simple Questions

Post by canuckgamer »

I just re-installed SP WAW on my old PC and am currently looking for my printed version of the manual. Its been many moons since I played it, and my memory isn't what it used to be. In the meantime, I have a couple of basic questions about the game. When the scenario starts, the highlighted hex always contains a unit. If I right click on that hex, the info about that unit comes up. If I left click on any other hex, the unit attempts to move there. My question is, how do I "un-choose" this unit. For example, what if I want to click on a vacant hex?

My second question is, under preferences is there a way to slow down the animations and results of bombardments and air attacks. They happen so quick, can't even tell what is going on.

Thanks.
planner 3

RE: Simple Questions

Post by planner 3 »

McHugh: Manual is in the main SPwaw Folder.

Right click on an empty hex.

You probably have "Fast Artillery" selected in the Prefeernce screen.

The game has been updated to Ver. 8.403 and you can find these updates and other info at www.spwaw.com

The "Depot" if for and about SPwaw and is sanctioned by MATRIX, there is a bundle of info to be had there and lot's of nice guys too, all willing to help.

Planner 3 (aka Chief)
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

I checked my preferences and Fast Artillery was off. Thanks for the info about the site and the new update. I downloaded 8.403 and installed but when I checked the game it still indicated version 8.4.
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Ok, I was able to figure out what I did wrong with the 8.403 update. After extracting to the SPWAW folder it was there but still unzipped so I had to extract it from there. One last question, in the instructions I have from years ago it indicates that the resolution can be either 640 X 480 or 800 X 600. I re-installed to my old PC which has a 4 X 3 monitor with a native resolution of 1024 X 768. Doesn't appear to me that you can actually the resolution so I'm wondering what the default resolution is? Thanks.
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

McHugh: You got technical and now your above my paygrade (;.). Suggest you go back to Depot and post question on the Tech Forum. HTH Good hunting
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

The resolution is 800 x 600 only, no options.

I suggest checking out the Depot's academy and getting into PBEM after graduating if you like.
Once you PBEM you'll be hooked.

Another great site is the Enhanced forum, see my signature line below.
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”