Gamestart: without intro & with window maximized

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Krupinski

Gamestart: without intro & with window maximized

Post by Krupinski »

Is there a trick to jump right to the menu?
cookie monster

RE: Gamestart: without intro & with window maximized

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: hafer

Is there a trick to jump right to the menu?

In C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East\Dat\video

Rename 2by3 intro,matrix into,war in the east intro by adding a few xxx

I can only start my game Beta 1.03 V 2 from the game menu (quick start don't work) so I can't tell you how to start maximised
Baron von Beer

RE: Gamestart: without intro & with window maximized

Post by Baron von Beer »

You can make your own shortcut. In that same root directory (where game is installed) right click the actual exe (WarInTheEast.exe), and in the popup menu, send to-> Desktop. That will launch the game. If you right click that shortcut now on your desktop, select properties in that menu. In the window that pops up there is a drop down menu "Run", select maximized, apply and it will start as a full window whenever you launch with it.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”