Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Gunhawk

Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010

Post by Gunhawk »

Wow. Has it really been a year since we last asked Mark if he was going to release "Waiting For Stalingrad" before Christmas 2009? It's really a tribute to our tenacity that we still gather here to talk about the release date of this game. We could have another round of discussion, but what the heck, let me just wish everyone who reads and posts to this group a very merry Christmas and happy holidays. I hope that everyone has a good time with friends and relatives, and stays healthy. (-:

Best Wishes.

Gunhawk
jimbo12

RE: Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010

Post by jimbo12 »

I'm currently basking in the glow of my all time dream game the WITE release ( it really is amazing! ). My second fav game was advanced squad leader back in the day. I set a pretty negitive post and got a response from Matrix that they believe there is a game out there. I guess maybe so little of us care that it is not an issue that this just keeps sitting there with no comunication or any progress other than some screen shots which could be of anything. For me this doesn't seem to fit into what seems to be a great corp culture. There are at least 2 titles that have seemed to be endless. As a consumer don't tease me! One of the prime business ideals that Matrix seems to have is not to make false promises ( release dates for example ) and I would argue that at some pont does this situation fly in the face of that. 2x3 games got it right with WitE because they comunicated! They created interest when they went public and fed us the consumer a ton of info. I felt like part of the process. This game.............well not the same experience! I'm now joining the Gunhawk fanclub which will probably make him quit, but I now think he is 100% right!
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: jimbo12
As a consumer don't tease me! One of the prime business ideals that Matrix seems to have is not to make false promises ( release dates for example ) and I would argue that at some pont does this situation fly in the face of that. 2x3 games got it right with WitE because they comunicated! They created interest when they went public and fed us the consumer a ton of info. I felt like part of the process. This game.............well not the same experience! I'm now joining the Gunhawk fanclub which will probably make him quit, but I now think he is 100% right!

Me quit? Nah. I don't mind if people disagree with me. (-:

Merry Christmas Jimbo.

Gunhawk
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Merry Christmas guys. Here's hoping for a release before 2012.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Merry Christmas guys. Here's hoping for a release before 2012.

Let's be serious. You're not going to see it next year or you'd already know about it. Just enjoy this Christmas season. Have a great Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Let's be serious. You're not going to see it next year or you'd already know about it.

LOL, I think it may be hard to disagree with that. But I'm getting to the point in my life where I am dreading the release of any other addictive war-games.

So please, let's stall this one for a few more years :P

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: Obsolete
Let's be serious. You're not going to see it next year or you'd already know about it.

LOL, I think it may be hard to disagree with that. But I'm getting to the point in my life where I am dreading the release of any other addictive war-games.

So please, let's stall this one for a few more years :P

What's that? Is that hoofbeats on the roof?? Who's that coming down the chimney. Why it's that jolly old elf himself...St. Mark!

"HO HO HO! Have you been a good boy all year? Were you always gracious to the person you just beat? Did you refrian from throwing the dice across the room when you lost? Did you hold yourself back from complaining about bad dice rolls?"

"Well then...HO HO HO!...YOU GET YOUR WISH!!! "You won't see the game for at *least* a couple of years...if at all!!!!"

And I heard him exclaim as he started to climb..."Merry Christmas to all, and better luck next time!"

Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

Merry Christmas all.

I was really looking forward to this game... I think we should start a requiem.

Best regards

Skanvak

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”