Quick Question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

HercMighty

Quick Question

Post by HercMighty »

Played around a little last night and used the OB display. Clicking on a unit in the OB display brought up a screen for that unit and the map. But the unit was hidden behind the unit screen and I could not move the unit screen, it acted like I was clicking on the map behind it....

Am I missing a setting? Is this as intended? Or is this a bug?
elmo3

RE: Quick Question

Post by elmo3 »

You need to close the unit window from the OOB to see the unit behind it.  The unit you selected will be highlighted with the map centered on it.  Hope that helps.  A faster way to find a particular unit is to hit "H" and type all or part of the unit name.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

If by "unit screen" you mean this screen:

then the map is supposed to be frozen, so if something happens when you click on the map that's probably a bug.
Attachments
untitled2.jpg
untitled2.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 29 times
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
HercMighty

Post by HercMighty »

Thanks guys...

From what I remember the map was not completely frozen but didn't seem to be a big issue. Would be nice if you could move the screen to see the map but that is a wishlist type scenario...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”