Dissapointment - AI

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lanconic

Dissapointment - AI

Post by Lanconic »

It is 3/42 and the AI had been doing well. But it decided to bombard Singapore with the fleet.

Three BB sunk and the Oi

No Jap admiral would have been that stupid. Is it possible to edit those ships back to life?
Because if not, the game is gonna be a bit lopsided.
The way of all flesh
TheElf

RE: Dissapointment - AI

Post by TheElf »

ORIGINAL: Lanconic

It is 3/42 and the AI had been doing well. But it decided to bombard Singapore with the fleet.

Three BB sunk and the Oi

No Jap admiral would have been that stupid. Is it possible to edit those ships back to life?
Umm, what exactly are you dissapointed in....?
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

Bradley7735

Post by Bradley7735 »

reload the turn before they bombard. Then set your Singapore CD unit to rest.
The older I get, the better I was.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Yup thats a weird one they should all have been removed which version of the AI did that ??

A save would be good a.mcphie@btinternet.com
Lanconic

Post by Lanconic »

ORIGINAL: TheElf

Three BB sunk and the Oi

I am trying to learn how to play
Not beat the AI

The way of all flesh
Lanconic

Post by Lanconic »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Yup thats a weird one they should all have been removed which version of the AI did that ??

A save would be good a.mcphie@btinternet.com

Sure I save every turn always
do you want the turn before or after the slaughter
and who do I send it to
You must realize I have had the game two weeks
The way of all flesh
Lanconic

Post by Lanconic »

Looking at the battle report the mines did as much or more damage than the guns.

The game will not allow me to set the CD to rest. That option is greyed out.
The way of all flesh
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

Lanconic... AndyMac is the fellow who scripted the AI. If you can send a save of the turn prior to the task force entering Singapore to the e-mail address he posted then he can take a look to see what went wrong.
fair winds,
Brad
Lanconic

Post by Lanconic »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Lanconic... AndyMac is the fellow who scripted the AI. If you can send a save of the turn prior to the task force entering Singapore to the e-mail address he posted then he can take a look to see what went wrong.

It is done
Not compressed however
The way of all flesh
TheElf

Post by TheElf »

ORIGINAL: TheElf

Three BB sunk and the Oi

I am trying to learn how to play
Not beat the AI

Sorry. Misread your post. I thought YOU sailed into Singapore tried to bombard...Didn't get that it was the AI.
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

While I agree that is a wierd thing for the AI to do, two weeks is still too early to judge the AI's ability to bite you in the arse!. The AI has gotten a few chunks out of mine when I least expected it.
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

The AI tried to enter Manila in my CG after that port fell, but it forgot I still held Bataan.  Oops.  The reports of "xAKL hits mine" and "xAKL is hit by 12" gun" ran on for about 10 minutes...
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

The AI tried to enter Manila in my CG after that port fell, but it forgot I still held Bataan.  Oops.  The reports of "xAKL hits mine" and "xAKL is hit by 12" gun" ran on for about 10 minutes...

Ditto

The IJN is short a lot of LB's

Re a Singapore attack, I've played approx 30 start games, and had this happen once in the BB AAA extravaganza. I thought the AI assumed a Super Sir Robin gambit.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Sheytan

Post by Sheytan »

The Japanese historically did a number of things that didnt make sense in retrospect. Why do you think a bombardment mission on the part of the AI against Singapore is beyond the pale?
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

I had a look briefly before work this morning I will try to fix tonight and send back to you
Feltan

Post by Feltan »

Is this a real disappointment?

I would view it as welcome varation. I haven't seen the AI try this (yet), but I find it gratifying that the AI takes "chances" rather than simply follow the more expected moves all the time.

As was previously mentioned, I have witnessed human PBEM players try things more risky, and more unexplainable, than this.

Regards,
Feltan
Sauvequipeut

Post by Sauvequipeut »

In my previous game ( I restarted after the patch) - Scen 2, Allies v AI on Hard - the AI landed at Mersing around the middle of Jan. Then over a couple of days, the four empty transport TF's from that landing tried to enter Singapore. The first two entered the same turn that Japanese units first crossed to Singapore island, but I still held it and the results weren't pretty. Two more entered the following day and were similarly massacred.
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

The AI on Very Hard (as a Japanese player) decided to send every bombardment ship to Pearl Harbor... Why I have no clue as I had nothing at Pearl worth of value at the time.
However, once all the BB's were sunk, and Cruisers, then destroyers and finally the AMC's.

Not sure if it was a bug or what, but it was highly annoying enough for me to start a PBEM as a japanese player LOL.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

The AI on Very Hard (as a Japanese player) decided to send every bombardment ship to Pearl Harbor... Why I have no clue as I had nothing at Pearl worth of value at the time.
However, once all the BB's were sunk, and Cruisers, then destroyers and finally the AMC's.

Not sure if it was a bug or what, but it was highly annoying enough for me to start a PBEM as a japanese player LOL.

Well not so out of place ? Depends when this happens, in 42 still the US has not much landbased air to hit ships.... when they get lucky and run in at night they can hit some ships in port surely. Not sure how effective the CD is in night actions ?

In my game the AI also send some ships direction Hawai, guess 2-3 CLs and some DDs. Luckily 2 CV were just their way and detected them. If they weren´t there could have reached PH easily as all the land based air attacks were futile. I believe 1 hit by 250kg bomb or so at all (if any).
Sheytan

Post by Sheytan »

LOL!
ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”