5.1 speaker system

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

vanderlyle

5.1 speaker system

Post by vanderlyle »

Hi,

I'm after a low-to-mid-range 5.1 speaker system. Anyone had any experience with http://ubuyhardware.com/p~p-1961953588~ ... ystem.aspx ? I can't really stretch much beyond the price of that one; is there anything around the same price that's better?

Thanks in advance!
Zakhal

RE: 5.1 speaker system

Post by Zakhal »

If you have the money best option is to buy one good set of real speakers (start with 2xspeakers and amp ~800€ total if you dont have money for 5.1) and use it for the rest of your life. Good sound doesnt get old.

Buying one set of "better" computer speakers after another wont give you much of a difference except you miss the real sound and waste your money.
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Josh

Post by Josh »

I'm with Zakhal here. KLipsch has an outstanding reputation, when their 2.1 pc system was released 10 years ago many buyers were very happy with it. Personally I don't see much reason to buy a 5.1 (or 6.1, 7.1...) system for a pc. A solid good 2.1 system will last you ... probably the rest of your life. The problem with so many speaker sattelites is, where do you place them. You won't have that problem with a 2.1 setup. Mine was about 600€, and boy oh boy do I enjoy it.... every day, for 10 years now. (Klipsch wasn't available here back then so I bought another pretty good system).
Next to a solid 2. or 2.1 system I can advice to buy a good headphone, you won't regret that too. I love my Sennheiser very much, a HD 585. The only thing I've replaced in all these years is the soft black cushionlining around the speakers.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Speaking of Klipsch; here's their website: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/

and their forum; check out *this* thread: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/1 ... ageIndex=1

It's 10 years old and still active (well I took the liberty of bumping ( http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/1 ... px#1411584 ) it LOL) [:D] Just look at Hofy's pc configuration and the monitor... you can't buy things like that anymore so old is it.
t001001001

Post by t001001001 »

Klipsch Promedia.

I wouldn't buy any other kind.
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Logitech make good low to mid range speakers.
Zakhal

Post by Zakhal »

ORIGINAL: Josh
I love my Sennheiser very much, a HD 585. The only thing I've replaced in all these years is the soft black cushionlining around the speakers.

i have sennheiser HD600. Before that I bought like 5 different sets which all broke. These sennheisers are not just good they also seem to last forever. I also have headphone amp for my sennheisers in my soundcard Asus Xonas Essence STX. With the amp on I can hear sounds I didnt hear before.
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: Zakhal
ORIGINAL: Josh
I love my Sennheiser very much, a HD 585. The only thing I've replaced in all these years is the soft black cushionlining around the speakers.

i have sennheiser HD600. Before that I bought like 5 different sets which all broke. These sennheisers are not just good they also seem to last forever. I also have headphone amp for my sennheisers in my soundcard Asus Xonas Essence STX. With the amp on I can hear sounds I didnt hear before.

See? That's what I call money spent well. The HD600 was the absolute top of the bill back then, and it still is one of the best. Indeed seem to last forever. A good headphone and some decent speakers will easily outlive 4 pc systems.
dogancan

Post by dogancan »

I suggest you to take a look at 2.1 all-in-one home cinema systems. like Onkyo Htx-22hdx. you can connect your laptop and pc as well as TV, console etc to such systems...
This is Great War, everybody dies!

Return to “General Discussion”