Post 3.4 feedback in this forum

This forum is for feedback on any Public Beta updates. Feedback and issues related to official releases should go in the Support forum. All Beta version feedback and issues should go here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
gabeeg

RE: Post 3.4 feedback in this forum

Post by gabeeg »

As a professional QA software engineer in real life, I can report....looks good so far, It starts and loads scenarios!   ...I have no idea how a game plays yet...but good job!
Kind Regards,

Harry
mbar

Post by mbar »

Running in Windows 7 64bit. Top menu bar does not load up until you mouse over each menu item. Option changes are not saved.

I like the new map and movement path graphics and like being able to mouse grab the map to move it. Wish it were a smoother more visual move. Like the mouse over pop up descriptions of items and map terrain. The improvements look real nice.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Running Windows 7, background music and sound play together, whatever is selected, cannot get sounds only, either both on together, or both off together. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

I guess it would be good to mention if you are using 32 or 64Bit version.
stefanoc

Post by stefanoc »

Great work Ralph! I used this beta patch for a few days and it's fantastic!![:D]
 [/align]I only found a small bug in 3d visualization. symbols of the supply line are gone! ok! I'm the only one who uses this view, but it is a small bug![/align]A small suggestion for future patches, elmer use nuclear weapons only at the airports, is a bit limited, if you programmed Elmer to attack (with aircraft or missiles with nuclear weapons), where the troops are more concentrated (the game takes into account the concentration for different purpose, you could use that!) thanks for the great work![/align]finally Elmer uses the attack helicopters!! thanks for this change!![/align]Excuse for my english! I hope to be useful![:'(][/align]
Joselillo

Post by Joselillo »

Hello,

Is the new beta patch compatible with windows 7 64-bit? It gives me a program error and closes the game before I did not pass. It happens if I run it in windows xp as if compatibility mode does not.

Thank you
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

I guess it would be good to mention if you are using 32 or 64Bit version.

It's 64 bit. [:)]

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: joselillopdl

Hello,

Is the new beta patch compatible with windows 7 64-bit? It gives me a program error and closes the game before I did not pass. It happens if I run it in windows xp as if compatibility mode does not.

Thank you
The first thing to try is opening the Opart 3 ini file and change NoIntro=Y

An alternative would be moving the avi, wmv and other movie fiels to another location.
They're labeled Windows Media or Audio Clip
Examples are TOAD.wmv and Talonsoft.avi
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Joselillo

Post by Joselillo »

Hello
the error occurs during the game, sometimes it takes a few seconds and sometimes more than a minute.
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

Hello
the error occurs during the game, sometimes it takes a few seconds and sometimes more than a minute.
Please open Opart 3.ini and change NoSound=Y

nosound=N
multicpu=Y
oldsound=N

If that works, you can try setting nosound = n and multicpu=n or oldsound = y. One of those may allow the sound to play. If that doesn't fix the problem, please post and we'll try something else.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

Hello
Let me back up a bit. Were you able to turn the movies off? Are you talking about when the program is at the opening screen and you aren't doing anything, or is there anything that triggers the problem.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
Joselillo

Post by Joselillo »

the error appears during the game, after move some tabs in my turn or if it is the turn of the computer also occurs.
the game closes with a windows error message

Thank you
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

Running Windows 7, background music and sound play together, whatever is selected, cannot get sounds only, either both on together, or both off together. [:)]
I can't reproduce that. I can turn them on and off. If you can tell me how to reproduce it I'll be glad to fix it. In the meantime, there are individual volume control for the sounds and music.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: stefanoc

Great work Ralph! I used this beta patch for a few days and it's fantastic!![:D]
[/align]I only found a small bug in 3d visualization. symbols of the supply line are gone! ok! I'm the only one who uses this view, but it is a small bug![/align]A small suggestion for future patches, elmer use nuclear weapons only at the airports, is a bit limited, if you programmed Elmer to attack (with aircraft or missiles with nuclear weapons), where the troops are more concentrated (the game takes into account the concentration for different purpose, you could use that!) thanks for the great work![/align]finally Elmer uses the attack helicopters!! thanks for this change!![/align]Excuse for my english! I hope to be useful![:'(][/align]
You English is far better than my other languages!

I'll put those on the list for 3.5, I'm hoping to make only a very few targeted changes before the public release of 3.4.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

the error appears during the game, after move some tabs in my turn or if it is the turn of the computer also occurs.
the game closes with a windows error message

Thank you
That sounds like it may be the sound. Can you modify the opart 3.ini file to set nosound=Y?

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks,
Ralph
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
Joselillo

Post by Joselillo »

Hello,

If I modified "nosound =Y" and same error continues to occur

the error is:

thanks,
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

I can't reproduce that. I can turn them on and off. If you can tell me how to reproduce it I'll be glad to fix it. In the meantime, there are individual volume control for the sounds and music.

It's the background sound, music and battle sounds, initially music and battle sounds would not switch individually, however the options had been selected, they were either playing together, or off together. However today, they are switching separately, so whatever the problem was, it seems to have gone. Game seems to be working OK for me in Windows 7 64, without any compatibility problems so far, many thanks. [:)]

mbar

Post by mbar »

ORIGINAL: mbar
Running in Windows 7 64bit. Top menu bar does not load up until you mouse over each menu item. Option changes are not saved.

I did an uninstall and reinstall and it seems to be working now. I don't know why that fixed it but it did.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

[font="Tahoma"][/font]So far the new supply rules work better than then previous ones. Elmer tends to really demolish bridges this time(!!!) The new PO option for certain formations, especially bring the grunts from the rear towards the Schwerpunkt to the front is OK. However, the RR crews one should handle manually. Either mine were infiltrated by the Reds or agitators, or the routine didn't work. Though I am not sure which formation settings in the PO mode would be the appropriate one (independent perhaps?!).
Tested/compared using Rob Kunz's "Road to Moscow - Crossing...", because not only I like it (Well done Rob!), but one can test all the major and pivotal improvements in 3.4 Beta, too. Well, I am off - RTM - Smolensk to be tested.
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”