Installation of FoG & all 3 addons at once

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
dbt1949_slith

Installation of FoG & all 3 addons at once

Post by dbt1949_slith »

I just bought all four and had a heck of a time installing them all. I was okay by going with FoG then RoR then SoA. But when I tried install Immortal Fire it went into auto patch and I'd get an error message basically saying I was missing patch 1.29. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, this time going with FoG,patch 1.28,RoR,and SoA. When trying to install IF I'd get an error message again.
I finally got everything to install properly by installing FoG,RoR,SoA,patch1.28 then IF which auto updated and installed a (rather lenghty) 3 part 1.29 patch and then the game installed correctly.
Are the other addons necessary to install Immortal Fire? Can something be done so one doesn't have to go thru so many hoops to get it all installed? Or was I doing something wrong?
Ye Olde Farte
Erik Rutins

RE: Installation of FoG & all 3 addons at once

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi dbt1949,

Were these all versions purchased from our store here or were some of them Slitherine versions?

Could you post the file names of the installers you were using?

The IF installer should automatically update you to v1.28 if you are not already there, so the more info we can get on this the better chance we'll have of figuring it out. The intention is for the installs to work fine in any order, as long as you install FOG first and the most recent expansion (IF) last. We'd certainly like to avoid any extra hoops, we don't want to frustrate you or any of our customers.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
dbt1949_slith

Post by dbt1949_slith »

These were all hard copies I just recieved from you all (Matrix)
(yesterday). I am using Vista.
When trying to update Immortal Fire (as part of the installation process) the error box said I was missing some file(s) for 1.29.
I didn't try installing them in a different order.
Installing patch 1.28 after installing directly after FoG didn't help.I had to install it right after SoA.
I have no idea what kind of installers I used except what came on the disc.
cd number 15103796300000000004 if that helps.
Ye Olde Farte
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

With the changes that have occurred since the Rise of Rome CD was created, it is necessary to install the 1.28 patch after installing Rise of Rome from the CD. Otherwise it is possible to add any or all of the updates in any order. We are working on updating the CD version of Rise of Rome.

If you already have the CD, or get it in the near future, you will need to run the Field of Glory Update v1.28 after installing Rise of Rome, and check for updates in game through the multi-player server, to make sure all of the files are current.
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

Patch 1.33 is really difficult to download, failed twice. Could it be possible to have a new RoR install send to the people that purchase the old one. I have reinstall my PC and 3 days later still trying to install FOG completly...

EDIT : MEA CULPA, le la version d'installation alternative est disponible dans les téléchargement enregistré et prend beaucoup moins de temps que le patch 1.33. Thanks.

Best regards

Skanvak

Return to “Tech Support”