Quick question on Bombarment TFs ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chesmart

Quick question on Bombarment TFs ?

Post by chesmart »

How do you make Bombardment TFs bombard during the AM phase as the CD at Truk is taking its toll on my BBs, I am using the latest patch with Bombardment set at 30k yards.
Yakface

RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ?

Post by Yakface »

No possilbe for ships in a bombardment TF. It's either night or after the airphases, nothing in-between.
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

How do you get them to hit after the airphase?
herwin

Post by herwin »

ORIGINAL: che200

How do you make Bombardment TFs bombard during the AM phase as the CD at Truk is taking its toll on my BBs, I am using the latest patch with Bombardment set at 30k yards.

Bombardment range was usually about 1/3 of maximum range to keep accuracy acceptable. The CD guns were much more accurate than warship guns, particularly at long range.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
Yakface

Post by Yakface »

You organize for them to arrive during the day phase. If you leave them on mission speed they will always arrive at night, so you have to change them to a fixed speed (whichever is most appropriate between full and cruise).

Once you've chosen your speed, there's a number of ways of organising things - using waypoints or just make sure the approach means the ships won't manage to get there during the night phase. Recognise that they are going to be there for the entire day phase and suffer any strikes, and also will not retreat afterwards as there are no more naval phases.
bklooste

Post by bklooste »

At 39K range your effect will be 1% of 10K range .....ie it will be a waste of fuel.
Underdog Fanboy
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

@Herwin agree with you about naval Bombardments Ships Vs Forts, Forts win.

@Bklooste if you try to bombard truk which is a level 9 Fort, at night your BBs get plastered but if you try it during the day phase they do their job.

The only way to take out truk is with Day naval Bombardments with BBs which become 200% more effective under the new patch. You have to place the Float planes on day Recon as well so that they can use the new spotting under the new patch. IMHO the new patch has made naval bordments more realistic.

herwin

Post by herwin »

ORIGINAL: che200

@Herwin agree with you about naval Bombardments Ships Vs Forts, Forts win.

@Bklooste if you try to bombard truk which is a level 9 Fort, at night your BBs get plastered but if you try it during the day phase they do their job.

The only way to take out truk is with Day naval Bombardments with BBs which become 200% more effective under the new patch. You have to place the Float planes on day Recon as well so that they can use the new spotting under the new patch. IMHO the new patch has made naval bordments more realistic.

The reason Truk was 'the Gibraltar of the Pacific' was that the lagoon was big enough that ships anchored in the middle were safe from bombardment. In the end, we hit it with airstrikes.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

In real life airstrikes were the way to go, so perhaps if the game reflects this, it's a good thing. The picture under my name testifies to the efficacy of carrier raids. (BTW--I did a one-week live aboard dive trip at Truk Lagoon [AKA Chuuk] back in 1998--I dove 11 of the 36 wrecks on the excellent trip--AS full of torpedoes and spare periscopes, AK or AKE full of 18.1 in. shells, gazillions of sake and beer bottles, etc.)
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”