Horse and Musket: Volume I Is Updated

The Seven Years’ War was fought across the globe and called by some the first “World War” as virtually every major power participated. In the center of events was Prussia, almost constantly at war and lead by the now legendary Frederick the Great.

Relive the exciting and trying days of Frederick the Great in Horse and Musket: Volume I, the improved and expanded combination of the previous Prussian War Machine and Prussia’s Glory titles. Horse and Musket: Volume I is a reboot of the successful Horse and Musket series, including not only two solid historical titles in one package, but also many new game features, a powerful new editor, and a complete graphics overhaul to an already acclaimed gaming system.

Moderators: Sertorius, Tim Coakley

SeanD

Horse and Musket: Volume I Is Updated

Post by SeanD »

Six new battles, some new documentation, and more with this first official update!

Matrix Games and Boku Strategy Games (www.bokustrategygames.com) are proud to release the first official update for their turn-based strategy game, Horse and Musket: Volume I. This comprehensive 1.12 update comes with a new player generated scenario with six new battles, a Scenario Editor Users Guide, plenty of bug fixes, and some alternate terrain textures.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Horse and Musket: Volume I is a great system and I can’t wait to see what other great things come out of Boku’s corner. This update is another step in making the Horse and Musket series all that it can be!”

Relive the exciting and trying days of Frederick the Great in Horse and Musket: Volume I, the improved and expanded combination of the previous Prussian War Machine and Prussia’s Glory titles. Horse and Musket: Volume I is a reboot of the successful Horse and Musket series, including not only two solid historical titles in one package, but also many new game features, a powerful new editor, and a complete graphics overhaul to an already acclaimed gaming system.

Through the classic turn-based hex system, gamers take command of a wide variety of historical units and leaders as they try to follow in Frederick’s footsteps across 10 of his famous battles, making for a whopping 40 scenarios in total. Maneuver your infantry battalions, cavalry squadrons, and artillery batteries to break the enemy lines and claim your own title as a great captain of history!

Perhaps the most important feature to celebrate with Horse and Musket: Volume I is the revival of this innovative gaming system! With many new features and improvements, this latest release still has the same engaging game mechanics that bring to life the battlefields and tactics of the 18th Century!

Get the update here. This update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of Horse and Musket: Volume I to 1.12.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
GMeyer

RE: Horse and Musket: Volume I Is Updated

Post by GMeyer »

Anybody else getting random jarring sounds with the new release?
George S. Meyer
Sertorius1

Post by Sertorius1 »

Note: v. Manstein's Attack.

The battalion of the Anhalt regiment that is unassigned belongs in Wied's command. Use the editor to drag the battalion to Wied's brigade.
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Note: In Volume I miss Saxon infantry kneeling in Line order or in Skirmish order. Althrough I can't make skirmish order, I put in Mod and Scenario sub forum missing files with kneeling saxon infantry. Please download it and read note :)
Changes....

Return to “Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great”