My next fighters - Bf109G-5/AS and Fw190A-8 - any good?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

vimconfused

My next fighters - Bf109G-5/AS and Fw190A-8 - any good?

Post by vimconfused »

In my first game coming up to the time where these new fighter variants become available.

Looking at the weapons database there doesn't seem to be much advantage over the 109G-6 and the 190A-6 respectively... indeed the Fw190A-8 seems to be a lesser aircraft in some key aspects!

So I'm wondering from the perspective of players who have used these types, do you notice any significant advantage worth changing over production completely for, or is there an argument for using a lot of production that could go to them diverted to research instead? I'm fearing that there will be a period of time when my ageing fighters are going to have to fight the later Mustangs before my later better designs are available.
Tuk

RE: My next fighters - Bf109G-5/AS and Fw190A-8 - any good?

Post by Tuk »

I was wondering about some of the 'upgrades too' but the G5 AS is high altitude and that's got to be worth having.
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

The FW 190 A-8 is far superior in attacking the B-17s over the 109s.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
wernerpruckner

Post by wernerpruckner »

Looking at the weapons database there doesn't seem to be much advantage over the 109G-6 and the 190A-6 respectively... indeed the Fw190A-8 seems to be a lesser aircraft in some key aspects!

depends on playstyle - go historical and you use fighters with more and more cannons and some (few) very agile fighters (like the G-5 and the G-10 )

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”