Guns of August Gets a New Update

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

SeanD

Guns of August Gets a New Update

Post by SeanD »

A small but thunderous new update is now loaded and ready to fire!

Matrix Games and Adanac Command Studies are proud to release the comprehensive 1.34 update for their award winning WWI strategy game, Guns of August. The new update comes with a few bug fixes, including a problem with rail movement when a unit withdraws from a hex, and a rule change to the amount of naval units required to prevent an invasion from taking place in a port.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, “Guns of August has been on my hard drive for quite some time and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. The unique and rarely covered challenges presented by the First World War are fantastically modeled here creating a balance between fun and realism.”

Guns of August puts players in command of waging World War I at a grand strategic scale from Paris to Baghdad. The entire Western, Eastern, Italian and Balkan fronts are included as are the three fronts of the Ottoman Empire. Production, combat, diplomacy, research, trenches, fog of war, and not to mention land, sea and air combat are all included! Use land units like infantry corps complete with separate artillery units for precisely directing barrages on the enemy's line.

As time goes on, players must deal with changing combat situations like the introduction of Stossstruppen and even mighty tanks charging through lines to break through the stalemate! Guns of August fully supports a robust AI to fight against or play by email. Step back to the early 20th Century and hear the guns of August!

Get the update here. This update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions to 1.34.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
lion_of_judah

RE: Guns of August Gets a New Update

Post by lion_of_judah »

which does not work due to the trench error. Fix please!!!!!!!!!!!
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

would be nice to play this game if matrix would pull their head out of their ass and respond to my issue of the trench error and fix it or something. It is now going on two months and nothing has been resolved!!!
BallyJ

Post by BallyJ »

I agree lion of j.
This is realy frustrating and disapointing.
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Trying to learn game.
Trie to reload a set up.
trench error
FTW

Post by FTW »

So I just tried to reload GoA onto my new desktop. My previous comp had good ol' Windows XP, while the new one is Windows 7. I've updated the game to this latest patch, however all incarnations of GoA (from original through the various patches) wind up with the same problem: none of the units are visible on the map. I cannot get a game started, because I can't see any units to move around, or anything.

Anyone else run into this problem? Better yet, anyone know how to solve it? The Matrix website says that GoA is compatible with Win7, so I don't see why it would do this. HELLLLP
Sewerlobster

Post by Sewerlobster »

ORIGINAL: FTW

So I just tried to reload GoA onto my new desktop. My previous comp had good ol' Windows XP, while the new one is Windows 7. I've updated the game to this latest patch, however all incarnations of GoA (from original through the various patches) wind up with the same problem: none of the units are visible on the map. I cannot get a game started, because I can't see any units to move around, or anything.

Anyone else run into this problem? Better yet, anyone know how to solve it? The Matrix website says that GoA is compatible with Win7, so I don't see why it would do this. HELLLLP

First, I know this part really isn't helpful but I can see units in Win 7.

Second, just on a lark start the game in solitaire as the CP. There should be German units starting 2 hexes SE of Antwerp along the Belgian border. If you can not see them, click on the soldier icon next to the $. Maybe they'll appear.
Why choose the lesser evil: Vote Cthulhu.
FTW

Post by FTW »

Thanks for the reply. No, there definitely weren't any units on the map anywhere.

I solved it by clicking on the startup icon on the desktop and instructing my computer to run the program in Windows XP mode. Lo and behold, all the units magically appeared!
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Thanks for that - it's worth knowing!! Still on XP here, but it won't last forever!
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”