AE and AKE

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

AE and AKE

Post by Chris21wen »

Not had need to do this yet but how do you get AKE to supply an AE?
Smeulders

RE: AE and AKE

Post by Smeulders »

Unload it's supplies in port and then load the AE ?

AKE isn't a supply ship for AE, in fact it is exactly the same as an AE, the only difference is that late in the war, AE can replenish ships while underway, while AKE will only ever be able to resupply ships in a friendly port.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Unload it's supplies in port and then load the AE ?

AKE isn't a supply ship for AE, in fact it is exactly the same as an AE, the only difference is that late in the war, AE can replenish ships while underway, while AKE will only ever be able to resupply ships in a friendly port.

True but it's not all what the manual implies about the AKE.

'A ship specifically adapted to carry ammunition but not to perform underway rearming. Can rearm other ships when in both ships are anchored at the same location. Can also transfer cargo to Ammunition Ships (AE).'
Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

I seem to have completely missed that in the manual (or more likely I've forgotten it already), I don't know how to do that.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

English is not my mother tongue but it seems to me that the last sentence refers to the second (because it says 'also') which requires anchorage at the same location.

On the other hand it could also be an oversight in the manual as I dont think its intended to move supplies from AKE to AE without a proper harbour.
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

This feature will work when the AE is in a Replenishment TF or a Support TF. It will not work if the AE is in any other type of TF.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

This feature will work when the AE is in a Replenishment TF or a Support TF. It will not work if the AE is in any other type of TF.

What does the AKE have to be in? I would assume standard cargo or does that have to be in a support TF?
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

What does the AKE have to be in? I would assume standard cargo or does that have to be in a support TF?

It doesn't matter.

I'd recommend that the AKEs be loaded in some rear area port, then move to a forward port and disbanded. TFs could then come to that port and rearm using Rearm From Port. The presence of the AKE would allow rearming in excess of the abilities of the port, as well as transfer of "ammo" to AEs.

Exact same thing for Tankers (and oilers).

This was the intent and what was done historically - ships carrying ammo and fuel but not capable of underway replenishment were positioned at advance bases so TFs could replenish there. The first reference to this that I have seen was in 1940 when Adelaide refueled from tanker Norden prior to arriving at New Caledonia to overawe the Vichy gunboats there.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”