Minelaying TF Stops In Mid Ocean

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

mjk428

Minelaying TF Stops In Mid Ocean

Post by mjk428 »

Hi,

Version 1.10

I've been trying to send a TF from Noumea to PM to lay a minefield. It stops about 10 hexes from PM and won't go forward. It's set at "retirement allowed". It sits their using fuel as if it's moving but it doesn't move. It's not retiring because it retains it's objective. I sent it to Cairns to refuel, set to "patrol" to keep it's mines. It refueled, got about 8 hexes from PM and did the same thing.

Ironically the problem with bombardment TF's not retiring has balanced my problem out for the moment at least.
:)

mjk428
mjk428

Workaround

Post by mjk428 »

I transferred the ships to a new TF in mid-ocean and they were able to proceed. Oh well.

Interestingly, they auto-retired after placing the mine field, which makes them unique.:)

mjk428
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

I had that same problem occur last night. A task force of four DM's from Noumea, headed for a hex just outside of the Shortlands base, stopped about 12 hexes from there and wouldn't go any further. When I diverted them to Lunga to refuel, they could then move just fine after I redesignated their target.
msaario

Post by msaario »

I got mine moving after changing the Retirement allowed to Patrol. This might have something to do with the enemy air base.

--Mikko
worr

Post by worr »

There is a work around.

Set it to "do not retire" then sail into the port. Then once in port set it to "retire" and select PM again.

What is happening is that it is with range of enemy ac...and DM's are prime targets. So they are more skiddish about sailing into enemy waters.

Worr, out

Return to “Tech Support”