Stop provinces from building units

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

JameyCribbs

Stop provinces from building units

Post by JameyCribbs »

Is there any way to stop a province from building a unit? And, for that matter, why do provinces build units that I did not ask them to build?
Kingmaker

RE: Stop provinces from building units

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Check out 'Feudal Levy' in the manual, very roughly JC if your nation has FL then it will produce units in at least May if your main armies are not up to quota, that may be it.  If so be Very, Very careful about altering FL it can backlash on you with a sever drop in 'Happiness', an eg from my 1st test game, Happiness from +40 to -271 in one turn!

All the Best
Peter
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Yes, exactly. The manual is a bit unclear on this, as I discovered just a day or two ago, but there is something like a 10-15% chance of a precipitous drop in national morale when you do that. So it's best to make such a change when your morale is pretty high already.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

How do these levied units appear?
Directly on the map (i.e. instantly available)? Or do they have to be produced first and therefore appear in the production queue of a random province?
I' asking because I've just seen an Artillery unit appear in the production queue of Finland (I'm playing Sweden) and I did not put it there myself...!

Looking in the manual it doesn't seem levied units have to be produced and it also seems you can't even get artillery from the feudal levy, so I suspect there's something fishy going on here...

Both military and province experts were turned off, of course.
regards,

Briny
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

you will get a report that so and so is doign a levee, but those Provinces are putting units into Production, so it will take the normal build time for them to show up

(Poland is a Unit making Machine !!!)
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

I see, well then I guess it could be the levy happening as it was during the spring.
I didn't notice any report though - where would I find it?
In the event report?
regards,

Briny
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Yes, it will be in the Event Report, under Late Politic (report/event ?)

close to the end of it :)
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Hmmmm, you know, that may be a uncommon report, the one I been getting has been from the Dutchy of Warsaw, there are a few of those that can be formed, so I am not sure if it is only those that get reported, or not ?
Mus

Post by Mus »

I get reports that the Kingdom of Naples is levying units, also Confederation of Rhine and Duchy of Warsaw in my current PON game as France.

This is all in the event report.

I dont think you get notified of a feudal levy unless its being raised by one of the "bonus unit" regions, like Kingdom of Bavaria, Kindom of Naples, Duchy of Warsaw, Confederation of the Rhine, etc.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
sw30

Post by sw30 »

Somehow, I'm getting feudal levies even in my conquered places.  I thought they need to be protectorates?

Also, feudal Levies (Poland esp.) break rules on unit limits.  Poland, for example, builds Lancers like there's no tomorrow.
Mus

Post by Mus »

ORIGINAL: sw30

Somehow, I'm getting feudal levies even in my conquered places.  I thought they need to be protectorates?

Also, feudal Levies (Poland esp.) break rules on unit limits.  Poland, for example, builds Lancers like there's no tomorrow.

Naw your own provinces will build feudal levies as well. More of them happen in protectorates (especially as France) because many protectorates will be part of a larger entity of protectorates that create extra units if you own the entire thing. Kingdom of Bavaria, Kingdom of Naples, Confederation of the Rhine, Duchy of Warsaw, etc. They will build very large numbers of bonus units for you.

I have a Path of Napoleon game Im in the middle of right now where I have 2 Corps of German minor protectorate units in Corps and probably another 2-3 Corps worth of units not in Corps I use to defend the area and also spread throughout my other Corps. Most of these units are bonus units built for me by "Confederation of the Rhine" according to my event report.

While I cant control what they build they are building some pretty good units. They have built me 2-3 light cav, a couple light inf, 2 artillery units, a heavy cav and numerous infantry.

I also noticed that Duchy of Warsaw seems to be able to Feudal levy lancers without the buildings required to build lancers.

Im not complaining, it was a PITA to create the Duchy. I had to defeat Prussia in a Total War while simultaneously fighting the British, Russians and Austrians.

I deserve some lancers.

[8D]
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

I just had 4 levy units appear in the production queues of two different provinces.
And I swear there was no mention of it in any report...
It was in April, so I'm pretty sure they're levy units.
Two infantry, one cav and one arty.
Good mix, anyway. [:)]
regards,

Briny
Mus

Post by Mus »

Yeah I only see the report of "bonus units" built by one of those powers I mentioned, not the standard feudal levy.  Only a few units every April will be bonus units.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Not sure if its been mentioned but dropping readiness below 100% halts the feudal levy in your provinces.
sw30

Post by sw30 »

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

Not sure if its been mentioned but dropping readiness below 100% halts the feudal levy in your provinces.

It doesn't as far as I can tell. I've tried 90, 70, and 50%, they all ended with provinces levying units. I'm disbanding them as fast as they build them, but it's annoying. Also, since the Poles keep on building lancers, _I_ can't build them. (Lancers take 1 year to build, exactly the time between 2 Feudal Levies.) So my force limit for Lancers is effectively 4, which is a bit annoying.

I have Feudal dues at 0, I've tried various readiness settings, what else can I do to try to stop the provinces from building?
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

I see the same problems as sw30.
I have feudal dues at 0 and military readyness under 100% and every spring units still show up in provinces all over the place.
Very annoying as it often, because of the mobilization limits, stops me from building the units I want to where I want, when I want.
I once had two levy units show up in the build queue of the province I primarily used for building units (8 levels of barracks).
This effectively meant that I had to wait a whole year before I could build anything in that province again - and I always just delete the units anyway.
In this example I was actually building a guard unit in said province when the two levy units were dumped into the production queue and the levy units jumped ahead in the queue so my guard unit was delayed for a year while I waited for the levy units to finish training just so I could delete them...!

Just having the possibility to cancel an item in the production queue would more or less solve this issue...
regards,

Briny

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”