still more bugs ...

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
ShadoWarrior

still more bugs ...

Post by ShadoWarrior »

• The 7.62x54 AP (10) ammo is colored blue in DJ's, and the 7.62x54 OC (10) ammo is colored red. Since I haven't used this caliber of ammo yet I don't know if it's the colors that are wrong, or the ammo types.
  • It is cheaper to buy 2 of 9x19 (50) ammo than 1 of 9x19 (100) ammo. Buying ammo in smaller units should always be more expensive.
  • The MP5SD3 costs 1 AP more to fire in single shot than the MP5A3 (and 2 more in burst). They should be the same.
  • The Famae SAF does 2 more damage than the MP5SD3. They should be the same.
ShadoWarrior

RE: still more bugs ...

Post by ShadoWarrior »

MAJOR BUG:

After winning a battle when one of your squads is attacked by the enemy (my second squad, defending the dam) the auto-loot feature does not work. At all. When I was back at the strategic map, none of the ten corpses were looted. So I reloaded my last save from within the battle, and then manually looted all ten corpses. They had a lot of juicy stuff. Anything I didn't absolutely have to have I dropped on the ground. I then exited the map (I did say 'yes' to looting) and discovered that none of the items I manually tossed on to the ground was looted either.
vorkosigan

Post by vorkosigan »

I am hijacking ShadoWarrior thread... looks like Firefox is not liking Forums JavaScript so I can't use the "new thread", "post reply" and "fast reply" buttons at all :-S

Now to the point: I got a weird crash after upgrading to 1.07.01 beta patch. I had just finished mopping up the North Road Sector, talked to the guide, and then left the sector to re-equip, to go after the marauders. Went back to the area, and then realized that one of my mercs had forgot his helmet at home. Left the sector again, went in, and Journal got updated with news of the untimely death of the guide at my hands... Left the sector again, and game crashed hard.

Crash dump is attached.
vorkosigan

Post by vorkosigan »

Just realized I forgot to attach the files... and can't use the "edit" button either. Arrgh!
ShadoWarrior

Post by ShadoWarrior »

I use Firefox. You're not having a JS problem. You're having a cookies problem.
vorkosigan

Post by vorkosigan »

You were quite right. I am starting a new thread :-)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: ShadoWarrior
MAJOR BUG:

After winning a battle when one of your squads is attacked by the enemy (my second squad, defending the dam) the auto-loot feature does not work. At all. When I was back at the strategic map, none of the ten corpses were looted. So I reloaded my last save from within the battle, and then manually looted all ten corpses. They had a lot of juicy stuff. Anything I didn't absolutely have to have I dropped on the ground. I then exited the map (I did say 'yes' to looting) and discovered that none of the items I manually tossed on to the ground was looted either.

I haven't experienced this either, the auto-loot seems to work for me when I'm attacked. Do you have that save still that allows comparing manual vs. auto-loot in your game?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ShadoWarrior

Post by ShadoWarrior »

It was a quicksave and it's been overwritten already. When it happens again (as I'm sure that it will) I will make certain to email you a set of saves. BTW, you say that the auto-loot works for you "when you are attacked". When you've seen it work when you've been attacked was it your main squad or a secondary squad that was defending? The bug may be related to it being a squad that did not contain my custom merc.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I think there is a dead zone for placement on the map

for Port map

I have tried to fight this battle 5 times and each time the AI gets stuck or nothing happens (looks like it is stuck)

each time it looks to be around the same area

this time around, the first few guys started moving and then got to the one and the game just hung (it is not fozen, the map moves, the people are moving, the troopers are talking just nothing happens)

the Strong Sgt is the area it keeps showing when it seems to stop

Attachments
aalooksl..lacement.jpg
aalooksl..lacement.jpg (137.47 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

took 7 restarts of the battle to get the AI to finish it's turn

not sure, but looks like it is getting stuck and don't know what to do
Segador

Post by Segador »

More bugs.

If you have someone inside a building and you try to climp to the roof of the same building you cant mark the roof (because the roof as dissapeared as you enter the building), and the the clear roof feature dont disable, always stays on. Changing mercs dont make any difference, the roof is always not showing. This as happened to me in the Palace map, where i have tried whitout succes to climp to the roof and clear it of snipers.

In the South Village map if a soldier go prone in the water, you can hit him and he dont die of suffocation. The only thing that do damage to him seens to be nades.

Sorry for the lame english.
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

In the South Village map if a soldier go prone in the water, you can hit him and he dont die of suffocation. The only thing that do damage to him seens to be nades.

Meaning you can't hit him or you hit him but it does little damage? This issue could be a result of the initial problems with the game (overly inaccurate weapons, too much enemy armor early on). Try the update and see if that fixes things.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Segador

Post by Segador »

No, i am referin you cant hit or shot at him at all, you can even click over him, is like he is not here. I think the water layer is like a floor, transparent but solid.
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

MAJOR BUG:

I've experienced this, too. Even in battles where I was the attacker. So now, I make sure to loot manually after every sector
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
ShadoWarrior

Post by ShadoWarrior »

Thanks, Slick! Now Erik won't think I'm hallucinating, since it seems that half of the bugs that I report he's been unable to replicate
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Segador
No, i am referin you cant hit or shot at him at all, you can even click over him, is like he is not here. I think the water layer is like a floor, transparent but solid.

If you have a save that duplicates this, please e-mail it to erikr@matrixgames.com.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm

MAJOR BUG:

I've experienced this, too. Even in battles where I was the attacker. So now, I make sure to loot manually after every sector

I haven't been able to duplicate this still. I believe you that it exists, but we need some way to duplicate it, either a save file or a method, before we can forward it to the developer for a fix. Please e-mail me if you do get a save file or a method to duplicate.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

I think it happened to me after attacking and capturing the Dam, but I'm not certain it was that sector. I know it was in one of the early sectors, though. Because after it happened, I started looting manually.

No save file for you, though. I keep a pretty clean save file list and deleted the Dam sector one long ago.
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
Segador

Post by Segador »

Sorry, i dont have.
Reinforce

Post by Reinforce »

ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm

MAJOR BUG:

I just had something close to this happen to me. I defended the dam along with my hired NPC mercs and after it was over I checked the zone loot after saying yes to the loot all. Few new guns showing one of them a G3 something or other don't know the full name but all I have is russian ammo so I closed the sector menu and went to the shop to see if I could get ammo for it. After comeing back to the sector map only the old loot was left. Nothing from the latest defense of the zone. Sadly however when I try to get it to do it again it just bugs on me. Now I'm not getting any loot at all even useing the Auto save that is made befor you exit the zone. When I reload that autosave all the bodys are empty... *sigh* I could of used that G3. Oh well. I'm going to keep playing around with this and see if I can get it to happen again.

Much Love,
Reinforce

Return to “Tech Support”