Strange Question about E-Store

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

cdbeck

Strange Question about E-Store

Post by cdbeck »

Ok,

So I have a strange predicament coming up in the near future. In October, I will be moving to France for nine months. I should still have internet access while there, and, for most everything, my atmosphere will be nearly the same. However, I was wondering, several nice and new Matrix releases are in the pipe for that nine month period (particularly MWiF).

So my question is, when I am over there, am I going to have to use the Europe E-Store and pay in Euros? I will be getting paid myself in Euros while I am there (although my discretionary spending is going to be rather low) and if I will not be able to justify a Euro price on my American credit card.

I just thought I would ask, as I am going to need to know there things pretty soon. I typically get the Digital versions of the games, so I am not worried about any sort of mailing address and the like.

Best,
SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Zakhal

RE: Strange Question about E-Store

Post by Zakhal »

Its not really that bad. At worst you have to pay only ~2.2 times more (220% taxes) for games in EU. In example EA rock band prices:

US 169 $
EU 369 $

Happy shopping!
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Joram

Post by Joram »

Heh, funny you asked that SoM as I'm probably going to be in the same situation.  Probably going to England but may wind up in Sweden too, either way I was wondering how I'd be limited, if at all, from purchasing games and such.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

ORIGINAL: Zakhal
Its not really that bad. At worst you have to pay only ~2.2 times more (220% taxes) for games in EU.

I hope you were being sarcastic here. Ugh... two times?

My main question is, will I have to click on the Europe store to purchase, or can I simply click the US store if I intend to use a US credit card with a US billing address?

SoM

Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

My main question is, will I have to click on the Europe store to purchase, or can I simply click the US store if I intend to use a US credit card with a US billing address?

I think it's done on the billing address, so you should be OK.
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

Its not really that bad. At worst you have to pay only ~2.2 times more (220% taxes) for games in EU.

I hope you were being sarcastic here. Ugh... two times?

SoM
I think at that rate I'd have someone here in the States order the game(s) you want and then mail them to you.[&:]
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
Joshuatree

Post by Joshuatree »

Its not really that bad. At worst you have to pay only ~2.2 times more (220% taxes) for games in EU. In example EA rock band prices:

US 169 $
EU 369 $

Happy shopping!

You're quite right here. THere is this strange thing going on with regard to some prices. Some games *should* be quite cheap.... but the opposite happens, they get even more expensive [:@] I had this with BattleFront titles.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ok, first feel free to check our Euro store - you'll see that unlike most companies, we do not simply change the dollar symbol to a euro symbol. We actually convert our prices roughly quarterly, so you should end up paying roughly the same equivalent price in US dollars whether you pay in Euros, Australian Dollars, Pounds, etc.

Second, the store transactions are IP and address-based, so if you have a European IP and a European address you should use the EU stoe while over there. Also, physical copies ordered via the EU store ship from our UK warehouse, which means a savings in shipping cost, no duties and much faster shipping time as it's within the EU.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Hmm... well then, I might have to make MWiF my very first physical copy then! I guess, since you exchange the price to make it roughly the same as the $ price, then it is a moot point, as a a $49.99 game will cost 33,99E. I actually checked this for PC:Kharkov, and it is only about $4 more (49.99 versus 52.99 in the Euro exchange). The good thing with this is, in theory, I could wait until the dollar was a little stronger and actually save some money, if the e-store changes slower than my reaction time (as the credit card exchange is based on that day's exchange rate).

Here is a wacky questions. Is the DVD/CD regional code the same for the disks shipped from the UK warehouse as the ones shipped in the US. Does the EU use a different regional code for their PC CD/DVD software, or is this just places like China?

SoM

Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Here is a wacky questions. Is the DVD/CD regional code the same for the disks shipped from the UK warehouse as the ones shipped in the US. Does the EU use a different regional code for their PC CD/DVD software, or is this just places like China?

That only applies to Movie DVDs.

Return to “General Discussion”