Police: Texas man trying to cash $360 billion check

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zap

Police: Texas man trying to cash $360 billion check

Post by Zap »

This is no reflextion on all Texans but check this out!

FORT WORTH, Texas - Charles Ray Fuller must have been planning one big record company.
The 21-year-old North Texas man was arrested last week for trying to cash a $360 billion check, saying he wanted to start a record business, authorities said. Tellers at the Fort Worth bank were immediately suspicious — perhaps the 10 zeros on a personal check tipped them off, according to investigators.

Fuller, of suburban Crowley, was arrested on a forgery charge, police said. He was released after posting $3,750 bail.

Fuller said his girlfriend's mother gave him the check to start a record business, but bank employees who contacted the account's owner said the woman told them she did not give him permission to take or cash the check, according to police.

In addition to forgery, Fuller was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possessing marijuana, Fort Worth police Lt. Paul Henderson said.

Officers reported finding less than 2 ounces of marijuana and a .25-caliber handgun and magazine in his pockets, police said.

TonyAAA

RE: Police: Texas man trying to cash $360 billion check

Post by TonyAAA »

Wow. So increadibly stupid on so many different levels.

The judge should have set his bail at 360 billion (and no, we won't take a check.....)
morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

More proof that the old saying I go by is the right one.
"I won't say I have seen it all, but I am not much surprised anymore!"
I came to this after 5000 inspections over the last 15 years.
http://www.outskirtspress.com/Feud_MichaelWilson

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: morvwilson

Had a Marine LCpl in an all service school that was a real work of art. He had is girl friends sister cut his hair ( wrong I might add) after being given the money to get a haircut and ordered to get one. He actually brought her in to his Office Hours to defend him.

He had no drivers license cause he "lost" (read stolen after he left it on a towel on the beach) his wallet. He was ordered to stop driving until he got it replaced, so he bought a motorcycle and when confronted while driving it illegally, stated " You only ordered me not to drive my car".

Every piece of clothing he owned was dirty wadded up on the bottom of his wall locker. I ordered him to wash his cloths and clean up his wall locker. The next morning at inspection everything he owned was in two laundry bags soaking wet in the bottom of his wall locker. His defense " I washed them like you ordered me too ".

I further instructed him to finish washing AND drying his clothing and to remove any wet cloths from the wall locker for another inspection. The next inspection nothing at all was in his wall locker, he had moved his wet cloths to the trunk of his car. So in 2 and half days he only managed to find time to get his cloths wet.

This guy was in a tech school on an Army base, the Marine Corps does not like to send rejects to other services to make us look bad. He followed all this by not going to school for 3 days cause he was " doing other things".
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Grell

Post by Grell »

ORIGINAL: Zap

FORT WORTH, Texas - Charles Ray Fuller must have been planning one big record company.
The 21-year-old North Texas man was arrested last week for trying to cash a $360 billion check, saying he wanted to start a record business, authorities said. Tellers at the Fort Worth bank were immediately suspicious — perhaps the 10 zeros on a personal check tipped them off, according to investigators.

Fuller, of suburban Crowley, was arrested on a forgery charge, police said. He was released after posting $3,750 bail.

Fuller said his girlfriend's mother gave him the check to start a record business, but bank employees who contacted the account's owner said the woman told them she did not give him permission to take or cash the check, according to police.

In addition to forgery, Fuller was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possessing marijuana, Fort Worth police Lt. Paul Henderson said.

Officers reported finding less than 2 ounces of marijuana and a .25-caliber handgun and magazine in his pockets, police said.

What a maroon!

Regards,

Greg
panzers

Post by panzers »

ORIGINAL: Zap

This dude is a couple fries short of a happy meal, and 100 points short of a mensa membership
Deride

Post by Deride »

A similar story happened recently in the same area (Ft. Worth, TX.) Some counterfitters were trying to sell $500,000,000 dollar bills. LOL...  They got caught when someone tried to use it to buy something at a Wal-Mart and asked for change...

Deride
morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

Check this story out.
I was called to do a home inspection (real estate transaction) on a 3 bedroom 2 bath house.
I arrived at the property to discover that in addition to the one old lady who lived there, there were 27 cats.
No litter box.
No one letting the cats out.
No cleaning.
On my first visit I had to tell the agent, "I am not goin in untill some one does some cleaning" (not risking hepititis for an inspection fee!)
Every wall and floor was water damaged and it was not from water! Which meant to get rid of the smell, the whole interior of the house would have to be stripped down to studs.
The house sold as is.

Sounds like we have both seen our share of not so smart people[:D]
Just remember, by definition, average intellegence means that half the population is below!

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

So...many...unbelievably...stupid...people! Can we enact some sort of Darwinism law...PLEASE?! [:D]
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

Well, there is an award available.[:D]

http://www.darwinawards.com/

2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Home inspecter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My arch enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Begone from here.
morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

[8D]
What?
Got something to hide?
The vast majority of properties I have been to don't have any big problems. I have had maybe 20 - 25 with major issues, like being able to put a screw driver through the foundation wall, or a hill moving out from under the house.
So, what makes a home inspector your enemy?

2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

I work in the HVAC new home sector. Home inspectors just drive me crazy..........I just love some of the things they toss at me. PVC P trap must be insulated (funny, the city inspectors pass it), clean out's must be capped......never mind that it is a positive flow evap coil and capping the clean out will cause the unit to go into air lock and flood the house. And I positively hate the way they take air readings. I watch them shoot the grill with the laser, but yet, I use a thermocouple and get a perfect reading. Of course they only let the system run a few minutes before they shoot the grill. Or I stab the plenum.

I never have anything to hide.......I have never had a red tag in my 17 year career. I do every job to what I consider the most exacting standards. Mostly work custom homes and major remodels. I am not cheap. But just drives me crazy when a home inspector "finds" something on one of my house.

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

I work in the HVAC new home sector. Home inspectors just drive me crazy..........I just love some of the things they toss at me. PVC P trap must be insulated (funny, the city inspectors pass it), clean out's must be capped......never mind that it is a positive flow evap coil and capping the clean out will cause the unit to go into air lock and flood the house. And I positively hate the way they take air readings. I watch them shoot the grill with the laser, but yet, I use a thermocouple and get a perfect reading. Of course they only let the system run a few minutes before they shoot the grill. Or I stab the plenum.

I never have anything to hide.......I have never had a red tag in my 17 year career. I do every job to what I consider the most exacting standards. Mostly work custom homes and major remodels. I am not cheap. But just drives me crazy when a home inspector "finds" something on one of my house.

Always bear in mind that he is there to justify his existence/
Hans

morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

I have found over the years that the guys runnin around with all the high tech tools are just trying to look better. My main problem detectors are my eyes and ears. For tools I only carry flash light, screw drivers and pliers.
For HVAC the routine is fire up the unit (looking that it does fire up and stay fired with out blow back) Make sure the flame is blue, be sure the blower comes on and stays on. etc...
Usually I am in houses that are at least 20 years old. The oldest I have done was built in 1864. (probably sounds relatively new to some people on this blog!)[:D]
I almost never do new construction here. The builders around here have it in their contracts that no other contractor is to come to the house until escrow is signed off.

morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

BTW, you should like this one.
On one inspection, I found a guy that wanted to have a gas starter in his fire place. So, he plumbed in a line and installed a controler using old furnace parts. But wait, thats not all. He noticed that all the heat was going up the flu so he got a peice of sheet metal and block off the flu in order to reflect the heat back into the living room.[X(]

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture?

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

He didn't die? That would be what's wrong with the picture if you ask me...[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
andym

Post by andym »

thank god for all the Billy-Bob's and Cleetus's out there to entertain us all with tales of stupidity![:D][:D]
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

ORIGINAL: morvwilson

Had a Marine LCpl in an all service school that was a real work of art. He had is girl friends sister cut his hair ( wrong I might add) after being given the money to get a haircut and ordered to get one. He actually brought her in to his Office Hours to defend him.

He had no drivers license cause he "lost" (read stolen after he left it on a towel on the beach) his wallet. He was ordered to stop driving until he got it replaced, so he bought a motorcycle and when confronted while driving it illegally, stated " You only ordered me not to drive my car".

Every piece of clothing he owned was dirty wadded up on the bottom of his wall locker. I ordered him to wash his cloths and clean up his wall locker. The next morning at inspection everything he owned was in two laundry bags soaking wet in the bottom of his wall locker. His defense " I washed them like you ordered me too ".

I further instructed him to finish washing AND drying his clothing and to remove any wet cloths from the wall locker for another inspection. The next inspection nothing at all was in his wall locker, he had moved his wet cloths to the trunk of his car. So in 2 and half days he only managed to find time to get his cloths wet.

This guy was in a tech school on an Army base, the Marine Corps does not like to send rejects to other services to make us look bad. He followed all this by not going to school for 3 days cause he was " doing other things".

What happened to him in the end?
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Zap

Post by Zap »

It was reported he had only 2 ounces of marijuana. Obviously, he smoked the other 10 ounces the police did not find before his trip to the bank!

Return to “General Discussion”