v3.9 problems

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

Kegel

v3.9 problems

Post by Kegel »

Cant launch the game. The launcher comes up but when I click play, all I get is a command prompt. I am able to launch the settings config app though. At the top of the command window when the game attempts to load, it says "System Time Zone : UTC-5, Eastern Daylight Time. Same thing happens with the datanase editor etc etc etc.

The Adobe manual and adv manual links still dont work in the launcher. (most recent adobe reader).
rsharp@advancedgamin

RE: v3.9 problems

Post by rsharp@advancedgamin »

You can find the manuals in the Manuals directory under your Harpoon directory.

Please copy and paste the full text from that console window. You can right click to be able to select and copy from console.

What OS do you use?
Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon
Kegel

Post by Kegel »

That is the full text.

Windows XP. SP2. New install.

I realise the manuals are in the directory, just figured they were supposed to launch from the browser since it says manual and adv manual. lol.
rsharp@advancedgamin

Kegel,

It seems your installation is corrupt. Without using something like Remote Desktop or VNC to work with your computer directly (Which I'm willing to do), I cannot diagnose it. I recommend a full reinstall. A full 3.9 installer should be available within a couple days.

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon
ther19

Post by ther19 »

I too seem to have corrupted what I had just transported to my new machine (using a SN that I got in an email from Matrix that does NOT start with H3WIN - got email when I ordered the CD - Order # ST6891203 & ST6891192 - which was discs for both H3.6 & HCGold 2002. Yesterday I was able to start a scenario in H3 using that number. I just tried to run the 3.9 upgrade and now I get the Intro screen and an error message saying that the SN is no good. When I first ran the 3.9 upgrade, I got a message that there was no good install of 3.6.
I do install all my apps, including games on a different drive partition than the root (Root = C:\ Apps = D:\). I use XP Pro Media Center SP2 as my OS. I have a brand new machine with a quad core and 4 gigs of Ram so it's not a machine issue.
I guess I need a new SN from Matrix. And I'll just wait for the full installer to come online. I guess I have to buy the new HC Commander. I'm assuming from my talk with Don Gilman that the HC Gold 2002 doesn't qualify me for updates/upgrades to Commander. I'm happy to do that if necessary but if not I'd also be happy just to download the upgrade. At this point I'll also need a new SN for the Gold 2002 (order # above)so I can play that if I choose to. (Sometimes I get nostalgic). Please lmk what we need to do to get these thing squared away. All of these issues have arisen at once because of my change to the new machine. I'd like to just get it right from the beginning on the new box. When I get the instructions from you, and the new 3.9 installer I'll just wipe the slate clean and start from scratch. Same with commander (although I would like to get the SN for Gold 2002 since I did pay for that game). Thanks for all your help so far. Sorry to be such a pita. I'll get it squared away soon and you'll be rid of me problem wise.
Thanks, Robbie
Robbie
rsharp@advancedgamin

Robbie,

Seems like you are mixing two very different installations. Any SN beginning with H3WWIN or order numbers beginning with ST are from an older publisher. These won't work with the 3.9 upgrade as it requires 3.7 or later. I believe it has a check for that as well.

We were giving coupons out for upgrading to 3.7 from 3.6 but that opportunity has long since passed. I suggest doing as you plan to and waiting for a full 3.9 installer. It should arrive shortly.

I'll have to inquire with the HCE team to get the answer concerning Commanders Edition.
Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon
ther19

Post by ther19 »

I wasn't too clear. It was the Don Gilman's install manual that indicated the number should start with H3WIN. My email from Matrix consists of 4 groups of 4 digits. But it seems that it would still be best for me to wait for the installer. Any idea as to when it will be out? Thanks for checking on the Commander.
Best, RK
Robbie
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

ORIGINAL: ther19
I'm assuming from my talk with Don Gilman that the HC Gold 2002 doesn't qualify me for updates/upgrades to Commander.
True
I'm happy to do that if necessary but if not I'd also be happy just to download the upgrade.
Yay, but I feel for you too on the latter.
At this point I'll also need a new SN for the Gold 2002 (order # above)so I can play that if I choose to. (Sometimes I get nostalgic). Please lmk what we need to do to get these thing squared away.
You probrably ordered Gold from an eSellerate site, try recovering your SN at http://store5.esellerate.net/store/support/Default.aspx since you have an order number, it sounds like you just have to guess the correct e-mail that you used to order. Once you get HCE, I'm pretty confident you won't miss Gold 2002 all that much (they feel quite similar to say the least).

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
rsharp@advancedgamin

Kegel,

Please check your PMs for a message releated to your issue.
Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”