couple of questions

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

cato13

couple of questions

Post by cato13 »

ok ive not played COG in well over a year but it seems the same problem with auto trade exists. i assume clickin trade expert turns on auto trade right? then on the set policy screen u can select who to trade with and what to trade etc.

no matter which options i click the computer still buys and sells random items, or am i doin somethin wrong! i remember posting about this in late 2005 and bein told it would soon be fixed but it doesnt look like it. if this feature worked it would really take away some of the micromanagement.

also, i keep gettin messaged about treaties to ratify but i cant seem to click on them to ratify. i goto the treaties page but when i click on the treaty nothin happens.

Gem35

RE: couple of questions

Post by Gem35 »

If you turn on the trade expert then "he" will randomly create trade routes for you.
If you would rather make your own, then uncheck the box.
As for your treaties, highlight "my treaties" at the bottom of the screen or scroll through them, if you have one to ratify it will have options there for you to click.
Have fun, this game is alot of fun to play, have you tried patching using the latest beta patch? (version 1.2.26 iirc)
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
cato13

Post by cato13 »

i was under the impression that the trade expert would follow the guideline i set on the policy screen, is this not the case?

on the main screen i have a message sayin that there is a treaty proposal to respond to. On the treaty screen there is a loan treaty between russia and spain (me) but wherever i click nothing happens!

i have the latest beta patch
Czrasai

Post by Czrasai »

"on the main screen i have a message sayin that there is a treaty proposal to respond to. On the treaty screen there is a loan treaty between russia and spain (me) but wherever i click nothing happens!"

Go to dipomacy, view treaties, find treaty you need to respond to and read it,  then make you're decision.
Czrasai

Post by Czrasai »

Almost forgot, after view treaties you can simply click, my treaties.
cato13

Post by cato13 »

yeah ive git the treaties sorted now. but what about the buggy auto trade, is this ever gonna be fixed?
Czrasai

Post by Czrasai »

"yeah ive git the treaties sorted now. but what about the buggy auto trade, is this ever gonna be fixed?"

It's better that you trade yourself, buggy or not.
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

My question has nothing to do with treaties, but I do have a question.

The earliest campaign starts in 1792.  This corresponds with actual history.

My understanding is the 1820 campaign actually corresponds with the boundaries in 1789.  Why not just call the 1820 campaign a fictionalized 1789 campaign?  I haven't played the 1820 campaign, but I would imagine the bulk of the developments would already be in place by 1820, whereas in 1789 virtually all the countries would be starting with bare minimums.

I like the 1792 campaign because it gives you the earliest entry into the period.  However, you enter the 1792 campaign with France already at war with Prussia and Austria.  If you start earlier, the French player might be able to avert this war with Prussia and Austria.

I'm not complaining.  I'm just curious what the thinking was.  And I'm curious whether the designers would ever consider a 1789 campaign.   

Return to “Crown of Glory”