Manpower Bug(s)

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

suvarov

Manpower Bug(s)

Post by suvarov »

I played France and conquered most of France, Spain, and Prussia. The game is crediting me with the manpower (instead of just the money) from these provences. By 1812, I have over 120 manpower???

ALSO, I suspect something fishy with Prussian manpower. I pretty much stomp them every 18 months from the beginning, each time destroying the entire mobile army and leaving them with like 5 points of garrison. Each time, 1 month after Prussia surrenders, 7 or 8 new Prussian corps magically appear (and no, I didn't have oodles of prisoners). Even after the 4th stomping, and Prussia was down to just Brandenburg, when I attacked, they fielded an army of about 100 militia. Something isn't right. 3 manpwer x 6 econ cycles = 18mp or 9 mil. Yet each time they have 100+. '

Austria, Spain, and GB don't bounce back like that. What gives?

FINALLY: can we make civil disorder an option so that countires can lose their last province if that is all they have? The duchy of Brandenburg annoys me.

Grognot

RE: Manpower Bug(s)

Post by Grognot »

Prussia has the unique ability to accumulate manpower.
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
suvarov

Post by suvarov »

Yes, I know Prussia can save MP.  But when stomped every 18 months like clockwork and when the Prussian Army is completey Incenerated 4 times, where does Prussia get another 200 MP to bring in 100 militia?

In the board game, even an intact Prussia with 18 MP would require 11 econ phases to do this.  So how does this Prussia do it in 6 phases when down to a single province?

Grognot

Post by Grognot »

MP may have been accumulating from before the war, if the AI was burning through money and not spending all the MP.  In addition, if you're playing on a difficulty other than 'easy', it gets more...
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
nappy

Post by nappy »

I'm playing Hard AI. I am seeing the same thing. I just completely annihilated Prussia's army. It surrenders.. and voila next re-enforcement phase.. 7 PRUSSIAN CORPS show up in Berlin. I think I had 5M, 3I prisoners total. Which also begs the question.. how he got the corps. There was no economic phase that previous month and I destroyed 6 Corps. Thus Prussia cant have bought them. AS, GB, RS dont have this bounceback either, just Prussia. It seems to be a problem or it is "buying" corps and putting 1M each into them with prisoners. It could be a problem with saving manpower. I also noticed Prussia builds an insane amount of Militia.

Naps

Suvorov928

Post by Suvorov928 »

Prussia does not need money to build Militia, since Militia is FREE.
alexvand

Post by alexvand »

Watch the AI bonuses. In the game I'm playing Prussia is recieving 30+ extra manpower per phase when playing hard. I've seen as high as 45 manpower bonus. That's each economic phase. That's a ton of manpower. Easily enough to rebuild the entire army within a year.
chuckj118

Post by chuckj118 »

Alex is correct...Prussia is recieving a large amount of MP from the AI bonuses...not sure why.

DodgyDave

Post by DodgyDave »

actually playing as France using just light AI, once i have wiped out the Prussian corps and have a few prisoners, before next war begin 18 months later, he got almost all corps back with infantry and alot of militia, way more then he should get, being just a basic prussia with no bonus.

could it be, that his saved up mp, stays, so he can spend them each economic phase? :)
dauphan129

Post by dauphan129 »

Check also see if Prussia is allied with Britan. In the Pen and Paper games I have played Great Britian almost always backs Prussia giving the Prussian player insane loans almost every economic phase (30+) so that Prussia can be all toothy to deal with France. Usually GB asks for Land Access to get to France through Prussia in return for this cash. If France waits a year to deal with Prussia from the beginning, the Prussians would usually have enough Money and MP to field their army twice. It's almost worse than a Paladin laying hands on himself when you have him to 3% [:)]

When I played France (first game I played) it seemed Prussia only fielded Militia with a few infantry factors. I never saw any Cav that I remember.

As a rule I buy a few corps counters every economic phase (not fleet and I try to keep a little surplus cash going) because after your enemy has moved past a few garrisons without blasting them, you can always corp up next Reinforcement phase and take that corp from the garrison and cut his supply. Few things hurt a stack more than foraging in a foreign country[;)] So, I would think that it is safe to assume that the AI buys it's corps counters every economic even if it doesn't field them all.

In the Hard AI games I have played the only difference in AI that I have seen is that the countries get a +VP +Money and +MP bonus. That's it. They don't declare war less or use better strategies or tactics that I can tell. It just makes it so you have to stay in the dominant zone and win in a shorter time frame or France wins (if your not playing France [:)] ).

Want a challenge against the machine? Play Spain and beat France to victory in Hard AI! It is hard to keep Spain in the dominant:-)

I am getting ready to play an AI game as Prussia so I will see if it does anything weird when human played and post it here.

Return to “Tech Support”