Possible other fleet issue.

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

jardail

Possible other fleet issue.

Post by jardail »

Spain
England
at war

4 spanish fleets blockading 6 british fleets in the port of Gibralter. The Spanish Fleets are in the blockade box.

Spanish troops take the garrison which causes the british fleets to have to leave the port.

No combat ever takes place. The following naval turn the british ships are simply Gone, one spanish fleet is also Gone.

It appears there was a battle but it never showed up for me to interact with it. The AI simply conducted it without any input from me.

The British Fleets were all safely ensconced at plymouth while the remainder of the spanish fleets had been forced into Cadiz.

Sounds correct to me, but I would have at least liked to have seen the battle taking place.
zaquex

RE: Possible other fleet issue.

Post by zaquex »

ORIGINAL: Leatherneck_MT

Sounds correct to me, but I would have at least liked to have seen the battle taking place.

Agreed, some sort of battlereport would be nice, under a new "button" in the top menu and at least popup.

And thinking about it, much of what makes the EiA boardgame so interesting is that you can follow the battles of the other nations. As this isnt really possible in a pbm game why not at least store all the battles with chits picks losses etc month for month like the reinforcement listings.

How great wouldnt this to have not only to help you get a feel for whats going on but also as a documentation of your past campaigns after its finnished.
An Elephant
chuckj118

Post by chuckj118 »

I have had situations where the fleets simply vanish and there is no evidence that a battle took place.  Also, where are the PP modifications?

This is not how we resolved this situation when playing the board game.  When fleets were scuttled, whether a battle took place or not, the appropriate PP modifications occurred.  This basically made it in the players interest to at least ATTEMPT to get through the blockade or at least cause the enemy some damage.  The current method where the fleets just dissappear and no PP mods are made is just silly.  Can you imagine the JOY in the streets of London when the news that the ENTIRE French fleet had been scuttled at Brest?  It would have been momentus!  The PP are supposed to be tracking public opinion are they not?

Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Nalamin:

This may be related to blockades being resolved i.e. if the French were blockaded at Brest then thr Brits took Brest then at the end of their turn, the French would be forced to evac Brest at which point a battle should be  fought and resolved byt the PC. If the French were to lose they would be scuttled and if not then evaced to the nearest port. PP should be gained and/or lost after the resolutions. If you are seeing differently then let me know and/or send me a saved game and I'll look at it!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

DodgyDave

Post by DodgyDave »

there should really be a regular pop up, showing you the fleet battles, but i have also experienced a defeat, where i was blocading the british fleet, city was taken and next turn, all where gone.

but i did locate them again, brits near england, apparently they had won the battle, but since you are not shown these battles, you might not notish right away.

Return to “Tech Support”