using wrong .eqp file

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

E19A

using wrong .eqp file

Post by E19A »

I edited the forces from the original desert storm, to saddams final gamble, and I am now getting a message that I have the wrong .eqp file. What do I do to fix this?
ColinWright

RE: using wrong .eqp file

Post by ColinWright »

How many times have you gotten the message? I always get it the first time I open a scenario with a new equipment file -- but not thereafter.
I am not Charlie Hebdo
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Open the scenario in the editor (where you will get the same message) and save. Done. No more warnings.
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

I am getting this error with all scenarios I try to start with my opponent. Even the disk Arracourt 44 generates the error. And then the game shuts down; doesn't let me load.

We've verified that neither of us are using altered equipment files or have any stray equipment files floating around. And neither of us have graphics sub-directories for the scenario's that crashed. I've tried Telumar's suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. I don't get any "wrong .eqp file" errors when I open the scenarios in the editor, only when I pbm with another player.

Edit: Nevermind, we figured it out. My bad.
Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: Raindem

I am getting this error with all scenarios I try to start with my opponent. Even the disk Arracourt 44 generates the error. And then the game shuts down; doesn't let me load.

We've verified that neither of us are using altered equipment files or have any stray equipment files floating around. And neither of us have graphics sub-directories for the scenario's that crashed. I've tried Telumar's suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. I don't get any "wrong .eqp file" errors when I open the scenarios in the editor, only when I pbm with another player.

Edit: Nevermind, we figured it out. My bad.
Hi Curt,

You mind letting the rest of us know what it was that you were doing wrong, so that the next guy that comes around with a similar problem will be able to have another tool in his arsenal to try out?
E19A

Post by E19A »

Found ny own problem I had a Helicopter unit with a mech cavalry symbol. Changed it to helicopter, no longer get the message. MY dumb.
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

Yeah, I was checking the Graphics directory for .eqp files but not the AltGraphics directory.  When I looked in AltGraphics sure enough there was an old equipment file buried in there.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.
L`zard

Post by L`zard »

Nevermind [X(]
"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

Return to “TOAW III Support”