Should I buy?

Matrix Games and Simulations Canada combine and completely remake two classic NATO vs. Warsaw Pact wargames into a new classic. Based on the original wargames “Main Battle Tank: North Germany” and “Main Battle Tank: Central Germany”, Flashpoint Germany is a new grand tactical wargame of modern combat. Every aspect of modern grand tactical warfare is included, from advanced armor, air and helicopters to chemical and tactical nuclear weapons. Step into the most dangerous war.. . that never was.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

ab5000

Should I buy?

Post by ab5000 »

I like turn based games - and want something a little less complex than some out there.

Can users add content (like other nations, units, scenarios, maps etc.)
How many users are out there?

I'm very close but still not sure...
CapnDarwin

RE: Should I buy?

Post by CapnDarwin »

Andy,

Flashpoint Germany is a good game for all levels of games. It is not over the top in micro-management, but does have a learning curve in the use of modern hardware on the battlefield. You should check out the AAR in the forum to see some of the game play. As for user added game content, this version of the game is not mod friendly. You can make new scenarios with a bit of work. There is no provision for modifing data or making maps in this version. We are currenlty working on the next version of the game with a new engine and keeping it very mod friendly. In the new game almost every aspect of the game can be changed by the player. You can make new maps, scenarios, campaigns, and add/modify units, formation, and weapons to list a few things. Even sounds and graphics in some areas can be created or modified.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We still support the game and we like to see new folks in here all the time.

Thanks!
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
ab5000

Post by ab5000 »

You talked me into it capn!
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Well, he's already done the job...but I thought I'd through my tuppence in.

I helped BETA test this game a long time ago and it is fantastic and good value for money. (I can't remember if there is an editor and the maps are standard, but the game plays out well, the maps are beautiful, the unit info is great and it's the best modern combat game that I know of.

Good game and I hope you enjoy.

BTW, if you (devs) are looking for more playtesters for you new version, I'd be more than happy to lend my assistance.
Alba gu' brath
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

JudgeDredd,
We will issuing a call for new testers in a few weeks once we get the new builds up and running. I'm running behind on data files and trying to play catchup. Real life has been busy. [X(]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

You've probably already bought the game by now, but I'm going to add my comments too, because I can [;)]

I have to say, I bought this game when it was first released and have never regretted it. I like the graphics, the gui and the gameplay. For someone who usually avoids anything not set during WWII, I was very happy with this purchase.

The game is very intuitive. By that, I mean anyone with even a little experience of wargames will be able to start playing very quickly. The learning curve, as Capn Darwin said, is mainly due to the complexities of the modern weapons systems and equipment. I find playing this game very tense because it's not traditional turn based rules. Sitting, watching events unfold after deciding what actions to take is hard to do, especially when the AI throws something unexpected at you! All you can do is put your head in your hands and despair [:'(]

This is a very good game and is incuded in the Xmas sale too! I'd recommend it and am looking forward to the new version release. It also says a lot when patches are still arriving almost three years after the game was released! Fantastic, thanks guys.

No, I'm not on commission for Matrix, but I will be having a word with Erik about that hehe!

Regards,
Jim
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

Return to “FlashPoint Germany”