atmosphere

AGEOD’S American Civil War - The Blue and the Gray is a historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Gem35

atmosphere

Post by Gem35 »

When I play wargames, I always like to have the atmosphere really get me into the game. It's hard to explain, but the game's music , gorgeous map and sound effects really give me a sense of "being there".
Outstanding game, I am very glad I made the purchase.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
general billy

RE: atmosphere

Post by general billy »

Im getting that from the demo and its great [&o] but Im still one inch from buying the full game.....
WITP Games
Scen 16 as Allied = Lost
Scen 13 as Jap = Won
Scen 15 as Allied = Won
Scen 16 as Jap = NA
WPO Games
Scen 6 as Allied = Won
Scen 6 as Japs = NA
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

make that one inch an inch shorter.... you won't be disappointed.
I was in the same situation last week.
Great game, alot of fun and plenty of support.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
mbatch729

Post by mbatch729 »

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. The whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. This game has that certain something that drags in you and makes you want to play just one turn before bed...3 hours later.
Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa
mbatch729

Post by mbatch729 »

Oh, and the only negative I have is it seems to have derailed some of my WiTP opponents...
Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa
Crimguy

Post by Crimguy »

It's sucked away my evenings for 2-3 weeks now, since purchase.  I have nothing but praise for it.  I think the multiplayer setup, while functional, is clunky and could use some tweaking, though.
Bloodybucket28th

Post by Bloodybucket28th »

ORIGINAL: Gem35

When I play wargames, I always like to have the atmosphere really get me into the game. It's hard to explain, but the game's music , gorgeous map and sound effects really give me a sense of "being there".
Outstanding game, I am very glad I made the purchase.

The game has charisma, no doubt about it. The look is good, the map outstanding, and the music and almost all the sounds are well done. I say almost, as the vocal "Charge" and "Retreat" sounds grate on my nerves, I'd prefer another vocalist or even a bugle call!

The music by the 2nd South Carolina String Band is top notch. There is enough of a period feel in the interface to make it evocative of the period, without it being cloying.

Yes, it's well done, and worth having.

AlvinS

Post by AlvinS »

I started with the demo, but I am glad I made the purchase. This game is definitely in the "Just one more turn" category.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
saintsup

Post by saintsup »

Splendid elegant design, magnificent UI and graphics ... and the AI is getting better and better after each release.

Buy it !!
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

I also recommend it highly.&nbsp; I would say, though, that it shines most in the grand campaign.&nbsp; The short scenarios don't really give you a sense of how all the game's parts fit together.

I like the music too, but I wish there were more of it.&nbsp; I'm getting tired of hearing the same tunes over and over.&nbsp; Not a big deal, though.
general billy

Post by general billy »

I think they used only samples of the 2nd South Carolina String Band. Im tempted to buy their music and have it played in the background to compliment the game.
WITP Games
Scen 16 as Allied = Lost
Scen 13 as Jap = Won
Scen 15 as Allied = Won
Scen 16 as Jap = NA
WPO Games
Scen 6 as Allied = Won
Scen 6 as Japs = NA
Bloodybucket28th

Post by Bloodybucket28th »

ORIGINAL: general billy

I think they used only samples of the 2nd South Carolina String Band. Im tempted to buy their music and have it played in the background to compliment the game.

A great idea, and you can download some 2nd SC String band at several sites.
general billy

Post by general billy »

Well Gents I couldnt hold out anymore after spending hours in the demo I have finally bought it. No more time for WITP any more&nbsp; [X(]
WITP Games
Scen 16 as Allied = Lost
Scen 13 as Jap = Won
Scen 15 as Allied = Won
Scen 16 as Jap = NA
WPO Games
Scen 6 as Allied = Won
Scen 6 as Japs = NA
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

Great news! welcome to 1861! Grab that General's cap and get your staff assembled.
Have fun!

[center]Image[/center]

Return to “American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray”