Corrupt savegame

Post ALL Public Beta feedback here!

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Greyhunterlp

Corrupt savegame

Post by Greyhunterlp »

I've jst tried to load a savegame and got this

Followed by a crash to desktop, every time I try and load it it does the same thing, but I can start new games and load other saves.

As this is my AAR savegame, I'm a bit peeved, to say the least. if anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad. I may be loosing the game, but I don't want to be seen to be quitting just because I'm loosing.

I can upload the savegame if needed/told how.

Grey Hunter.
Where I Go, Chaos Follows
Erik Rutins

RE: Corrupt savegame

Post by Erik Rutins »

Grey Hunter,

Zip up both save files and e-mail them to me at erikr@matrixgames.com. I'll get them to Eric so he can figure out what's going on ASAP. Do you have an autosave of the turn before that DOES work?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Autosaves, now why didn't I think of that?

I've checked and the last turn is saved. its just everything after I hit end turn thats lost - so the full scale rebuilding of the army. but at least I wrote down what I did, so I can rebuild quickly.

Hopefully the save will be some use to you, as I know from my work, the only way to really know how to fix something is to break it in interesting ways first. and I seem to have a talent for that.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Grey Hunter,
Thanks for the report. I don't think anyone has previously reported something like this, so it's probably a weird fluke. I guess we'll see what Eric can find.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Texas D

Post by Texas D »

Thats a common error at least in tcp play, and after that the non host can not access the events or battle pages.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

First corrupt save game problem I've seen, will take a look at the save files Erik sent me ASAP.  The TCP/IP assert is a different issue (same code module but different stream parameter.)

Having resumed the game from the autosave, have you been able to continue your turn and save and load successfully?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Found the problem with the save game file.  Units can have at most 64 orders.  Your "Army of Washington" had all 64 order slots filled up.  The code for writing the orders to the save file looks something like this:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; for (int i=0; i<MaxNoOrders; i++)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Save Order Number i
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Save Blank Order to mark end of orders

The code to read it then reads till it finds a blank order or until it reaches MaxNoOrders.&nbsp; But in the case where there are MaxNoOrders it wasn't reading the blank order end-of-order-list marker.&nbsp; I have changed the code so that it doesn't write the delimeter when there are MaxNoOrders.

It seems no one has ever had a save game with all 64 order slots filled up before!

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

It seems no one has ever had a save game with all 64 order slots filled up before!

Me Mum always told me I was special.

Thats because of the major reshuffle I did - I moved all the units and generals out, then back in a different order. trying to be methodical about the thing.

hence the system had a heart attack and promtly died on me. the second time I was to lazy and only moved the generals.

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”