Upgrade to a Matrix Version of For Liberty!

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

David Heath

Upgrade to a Matrix Version of For Liberty!

Post by David Heath »

Receive A New Matrix Games Serial Number & Download For 'For Liberty!'

If you purchased Hussar Games 'For Liberty!' and have an older serial number you can submit your serial number to receive a new serial number and a download link to a complete new full version of the game. This will also give you access to future special content.

To receive your new serial number and download link please go to the link below.

For Liberty Upgrade Offer Site
SlapBone

RE: Special Limited Time Offer to Upgrade 'For Liberty!'

Post by SlapBone »

You guys rock. I take back everything bad I said about you guys...except Paul Vebber.

Edit: I have hereby, after months of carrying the beacon for WPO, revised my profile in honor of this game.
michaelincolorado

Post by michaelincolorado »

Ditto on the praise. Just dowloaded my nice Matrix version - Matrix has always gotten the lion's share of my gaming dollars and always will. Content, attention to and care for customer, and service. Superb. Thanks.

And good move to Matrix, Hussar, and thank you! Back to playing your great game and BoA. Until FoF and then there will be 3 active on my HD.

Michael
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

What exactly do we receive?  Why should I upgrade?  Will my old "For Liberty" game stop working?
alfredtc

Post by alfredtc »

You will receive a new serial number and a link to download a full version 1.7 game. Your "For Liberty!" from BF still work but there will no separate 1.7 patch for it.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: Canuck35

What exactly do we receive? Why should I upgrade? Will my old "For Liberty" game stop working?

You get future support. And the Matrix version gets rid of the BF licensing system.
Ernwa

Post by Ernwa »

I've keyed in my old serial number and have a new matrix serial number but
when I go to the registered download link it won't let me download the Liberty game.
It said it was "timed out". Is the link not working? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Lincolns Mullet

Post by Lincolns Mullet »

Hmm, I just happened to check this forum out to find out about this.  I was a buyer of FL from Battlefront and never would have known about this had I not come in here, probably would be a good idea to send e-mails out to all those who purchased this from Battlefront.  Nevertheless, it's nice to see this being offered!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Unfortunately, we do not have a database of everyone who purchased FL from Battlefront, or we would indeed have sent out that e-mail. When FL came to us, we sent out a press release to all the gaming sites, posted on our front page regarding the free upgrade offer and also posted it here on the forum.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mllange

Post by mllange »

It appears I am a day (month, year) late and $35 dollars short. I bought the Battlefront version of For Liberty! last year and somehow missed the notices about the move to Matrix. I love Matrix and buy most of their games so I have no problem whatsoever with the move, however I missed the window of time to transition my serial number to Matrix. Am I completely out of luck in terms of getting a Matrix serial number now so I can play multi-player in the future?

Another bummer is that my old computer has gone the way of all the world and I had to install on a new computer and now I am stuck with v1.0 since the old patches are no longer on the Battlefront site. Bugs, bugs, bugs. :(

Is there any way to get a patch from Matrix that will work with the old serial number system, even an old back-up? I feel like I'm stuck with a bum product now but don't want to shell out $35 for a game I already purchased once.

Ideas anyone?
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi nim8or,

Sorry I missed this earlier. Please e-mail me and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mllange

Post by mllange »

Hi Eric,

I sent you an email via the forum/email functionality, please let me know if you didn't get it.  You help is greatly appreciated!
-Umberto Eco
mllange

Post by mllange »

Hmm, still no replies. Is there another email address I should be using? I'm clicking on the email button below your name and identification?
-Umberto Eco
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hm, let me check my spam filter!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
mllange

Post by mllange »

Any luck?
-Umberto Eco
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, the wheels have been set in motion. Should have a resolution for you by Monday.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
mllange

Post by mllange »

You have my profound gratitude. Just another example of why Matrix is one of the few publishers worth supporting through thick and thin. Nary a problem is raised without dedicated effort to resolve the outstanding issues. Thank-you.[&o]
-Umberto Eco
alflynn

Post by alflynn »

I have the same issue and had sent a pm and email along earlier in the week with my code from Battlefront. Is it possible to get my copy registered with Matrix Games?
mllange

Post by mllange »

Just a quick note to thank everyone at Matrix who worked to find a resolution.  As I said earlier, there is no other game publisher on Earth (that I'm aware of anyway) with this kind of support and devotion to their players and customer-base.  I remain an enthusiastic customer and look forward to many more years of Matrix gaming.
-Umberto Eco
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: al_flynn
I have the same issue and had sent a pm and email along earlier in the week with my code from Battlefront. Is it possible to get my copy registered with Matrix Games?

Hi Al, I forwarded your request to the same folks who helped out nim8or. If you haven't heard back by the end of Monday, let me know.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”