MSWs and getting them to work

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

tocaff

MSWs and getting them to work

Post by tocaff »

I have MSWs in the area that I want cleared of mines and I have uncontested control with no interference from the Japanese and yet my MSWs aren't doing anything. The area in question is a port. How can I get them to work?
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
tocaff

RE: MSWs and getting them to work

Post by tocaff »

OK, I'll just assume that the MS platforms sometimes can't locate the minefield.
Todd

btaft

Post by btaft »

tocaff,

Is this port held by you or is it an invasion site. In my last game I had to have the MSWs set to patrol and do not retire. I also noticed that they wouldn't necessarily detect mines every day. They seemed to detect them the day after they arrived on station. I think if they are working a port you own then you may need to undock them each turn to keep them deployed. I don't know if this will help or not but it might be worth a try.

Regards,

BT
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

BT,

Thanks, I did all that and I'm going to stick with my assumption.  It was my port and I tried all different methods to get them to clear the mines.  After the first day it took another 4 days to pass before any more clearing was accomplished and like I said I tried everything and was using 4 MSWs.
Todd

btaft

Post by btaft »

I have noticed that they don't seem to clear every turn, even in enemy controlled areas. It may something to do with experience, density of mines and detection of the ships or perhaps they just have a good union contract [:)]

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”