AH-1775

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ShermanM4

AH-1775

Post by ShermanM4 »

Hey,
I have a question for you old timers. I heard somebody talking about this old board game. I have never seen it. I was wondering what does it encompass? Is it just 1775? Or does it cover more of the Revolution? Is is it in one colony or more? Is it only Lexington and Concord or more? What kind of counters did it use? How was combat resolved? Any info would be great,

thanks.
"Perserverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages."

~General George Washington

sterckxe

RE: AH-1775

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: ShermanM4
I have a question for you old timers. I heard somebody talking about this old board game. I have never seen it. I was wondering what does it encompass? Is it just 1775? Or does it cover more of the Revolution? Is is it in one colony or more? Is it only Lexington and Concord or more? What kind of counters did it use? How was combat resolved? Any info would be great,

http://www.grognard.com/zines/ph/p0804.txt

for counters, variants and other stuff :

http://www.grognard.com/ - the game is listed in the 0-9 category alphabetically

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Wow... that review about says it all.

I can just add that I thought the AH counters were a horrible flourescent color... more bright pink than red as I recall. Yea, just nitpicking.

I bought it when it came out and I never, ever got into that game. I think now that I didn't give it any kind of a fair chance so maybe I'll dig it out of my closet and take a look at it's moldy carcass one more time. At the time, I really didn't appreciate the strategic nature of the game or the slow pace of the Revolutionary War campaigns. I just wanted things to happen... NOW... and that just doesn't happen in 1776.

I just finished teaching the American Revolution to my 7th graders and I'm kinda stoked up on the era at the moment.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
ShermanM4

Post by ShermanM4 »

Thanks for the reply guys. Is there anything even close to this out on the market today? Besides trying to buy a used copy on Amazon, I don't know where you'd get this one.
"Perserverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages."

~General George Washington

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: ShermanM4

Thanks for the reply guys. Is there anything even close to this out on the market today? Besides trying to buy a used copy on Amazon, I don't know where you'd get this one.

I dug my old copy out of mothballs this evening. It's in pretty good condition other than a couple of tea stains at the corner of the combat charts and a couple of drops on the manual.

I might be persuaded to part with it for reasonable compensation.

If interested, please e-mail me.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

I used to have a big problem with that game. At the time that it was new, we had a cat we named Joe Hooker. He was either too tempted by the tall stacks of counters that would develop in an important strategic location, or just pissed at the attention I gave the stupid things (part of the kitty kat anti-literacy campaign?). I'd be contemplating my next move when he would leap from his wathcing position, take a swipe and knock one of the big stacks flying and then high tail it out of the room before I could react. I think that became his favorite game...
fair winds,
Brad
Procrustes

Post by Procrustes »

Ah - cats and board games! I think it's in their genes. Mine would wait until I glanced away then jump up and sprawl himself across the board. Now adays they just walk across the keyboard, bat the mouse and sit in front of the monitor.
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

Yeah, most cats I've had would do that - climb onto the board wanting attention, upsetting the whole mess. Fighting Joe just liked to knock those big stacks of troops sprawling...
fair winds,
Brad

Return to “General Discussion”