CHS download issues

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

gregusc

CHS download issues

Post by gregusc »

Alright, i've managed to download the CHS map ver. 4.3 and the extension? as well. Now my copy of WinZip is telling these files are not valid archives and won't open them. If someone could help this poor computer challenged individual out and tell me what it is I am doing wrong. I obtained WinRar and tried to open the files with that and it said something to the effect of "unexpected end of file??".
Cpt Sherwood

RE: CHS download issues

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

I hate to tell you this but the files did not download correctly. You will have to do it over again. [:(]
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
gregusc

Post by gregusc »

okay, I have redownloaded these three times already!!! Am I doing something wrong? I use Getright on files this big
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

If you are using GetRight then you should be getting them. did you try redownloading without deleting the first ones? GetRight should download more and append it to the orginal files.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
gregusc

Post by gregusc »

Ok, download restarted...will see what happens mmmmmmuuuuuuccccchhhhhh later........damm dial-up!!!!!!!!![>:]
as for the CHS itself, anyone have some thoughts on this much effort being worth it? How does the CHS play and how many redone scenarios are available for it?

Thanks for the help.
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

I think the CHS is great but then I can download the whole package with maps in 5 minutes or so. [:D]

There are only 2 CHS senarios, 1 for the extended map and 1 for the regular AB map. The 4.3 maps can be used with any of ABs converted senarios and Niks mod 4.2. Probably some others also.
TheElf

Post by TheElf »

Greg if you are planning on settling into a long term game, I recommend waiting for the next version of CHS. It should be released no later than a month form now, but possibly sooner. If you start with the current version you will miss out on all the new OOB additions/corrections, and possibly some new content. The next version SHOULD be the quintessential CHS for some time to come. We'll see.
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

Monter_Trismegistos

Post by Monter_Trismegistos »

Question about current status: Still planning to release non-respawn version?
Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

Return to “Scenario Design”