Detailed Battles MP

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Commodore Caldwell

Detailed Battles MP

Post by Commodore Caldwell »

I have searched but could not find any details on the subject....

This game looks excellent, my compliments to the developers.

Can I ask, are the detailed battles part of the multiplayer game/campaign too, and how do they work within the game turns(do the other players merely sit out until the battle is resolved)?
Guild Leader - Squadron Commander

The St George Squadron Website
ericbabe

RE: Detailed Battles MP

Post by ericbabe »

In TCP/IP games the battles are resolved as part of the m-player game.

The default behavior is that other players enter spectator-mode and can watch the players who are part of the battle. This is a server-side option, however: if the server player chooses he can make other players blind to the battlefield of the players who fight. (As a side note: spectator mode has occasionally allowed for some "cheating" in our games. Consider this scenario, France and Austria meet to fight in Bavaria. At the start of their battle the Russian player controls no troops in the battle and so qualifies for spectator mode and can see every hex in the battle. After a day of fighting the Austrian player decides to call a Russian corps (whom are their allies) as a reinforcement. As soon as the first Russian unit shows up for battle the Russians lose spectator mode and are limited to the FOW penetration of their Russian units.)

In PBEM games battles are resolved abstractly.
Commodore Caldwell

Post by Commodore Caldwell »

Thank you ericbabe for your speedy reply....

I find it incredible that you guys seem to have managed the impossible, the impossible according to others that is. The ability to incorporate detailed battle mechanics into a Multiplayer 'grand campaign' environment, I applaud you gentlemen, well done.

Salutes!!!! [;)]
Guild Leader - Squadron Commander

The St George Squadron Website
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

Yeah, EricBB is himself an impossible as you must know. \(^o^)/

Return to “Crown of Glory”