Problem Patching v5.01

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
zweibel

Problem Patching v5.01

Post by zweibel »

I cannot seem to get SPWAW v5.01 to update after my attempt to apply the v5.02 and v6.0 patches. I installed them over the file containing the game, but when the game menu still reads v5.01.

Any advice is appreciated.
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor »

You can read my step by step procedures in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000234 to keep me from retyping it again. During the upgrade don't browse or alter the path of the upgrade installation in any manner, this poses problems for many. If you have any problems with the upgrade version # not appearing correctly ensure that the upgrade didn't create and install the upgrade into a sub SPWAW dir within the main SPWAW. If they still don't appear correct delete the mech.exe file within the main SPWAW dir and the steel.prf from within the /save dir and reinstall the upgrade. After all upgrades are completed and versions appear to be correct delete the steel.prf file within the /save dir and restart the game, don't worry that file automatically gets rebuilt from scratch. Good luck and Happy gaming

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”