new Arnhem Campaign variant

Your place to ask and discuss scenario design or modding questions.

Moderator: Arjuna

PaulWRoberts

new Arnhem Campaign variant

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Hi all,

I've put together a variant of the historical 9-day Arnhem campaign, which I call "Hohenstaufen Holiday." From the briefing:
This is a variant on the historical Arnhem campaign. Historically, the veteran 9th SS Pz and 10th SS Pz divisions were both positioned in the Arnhem area at the time of MARKET-GARDEN, with the 9th SS Pz preparing to leave for refitting in Germany. This scenario explores what might have happened if the 9th SS Pz's timetable had been moved up so that its core elements had already departed before the Airborne landings. Would the absence of one of the Germans' best assets have tipped the balance towards the British at Arnheim?

The scenario includes no alternate reinforcement schedules. An AI controlled Allied player will attempt to secure the 2nd Lift DZs. Note also that most of the vehicles and heavy equipment of the 9th SS Pz have been turned over to the 10th SS Pz as ordered.

While I can't claim to have done more than mod the original, it was more than a matter of just eliminating the 9th SS Pz Div from the OOB, since that division assumes control of a lot of reinforcements that arrive in the area (and that would still be present even in the absence of the Hohenstaufen). There was even some cross-posting of units between 9th and 10th SS. Robert Kershaw's detailed account in IT NEVER SNOWS IN SEPTEMBER was a big help in sorting all this out.

I'm looking for people who might be willing to playtest this version of the scen for me. An allied player has a chance to hold Arnhem with the 1st AB, although it still won't be a walk in the park. The German player, of course, faces a greater challenge than historically.

If you'd like to test it and would be willing to give me your impressions, drop me a line.

Thanks!
Golf33

RE: new Arnhem Campaign variant

Post by Golf33 »

Great stuff, Paul!

You might want to post this in the main HTTR forum as well so more potential testers will see it [:)].

Regards

<edit not enough coffee error redo from start - sorry about the name thing>
Steve Golf33 Long
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Paul,

Sounds good.

C'mon guys. Paul needs some help. It's not exactly going to be unpleasant work. So drop him a line. [:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

You might want to post this in the main HTTR forum as well so more potential testers will see it .

Going there now. :)
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

JeF from thedropzone has asked that we host some of his files, we would be happy to add your scenario to the list. E-mail it to me if you'd like. tacticsATworldwarhqDOTCOM

www.worldwarhq.com

Return to “Scenario Design & Modding [HTTR]”