"Marauder Mel" has been seriously ill--

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

KG Erwin

"Marauder Mel" has been seriously ill--

Post by KG Erwin »

Here is an excerpt from the e-mail Bryan "Marauder" Melvin, leader of the 8.2 OOB team, sent to us:

"Last month - March 9th, 2004, I was diagnosed with Shingles and for the rest of the month, despite treatment, my health deteriorated. April 1st - last week - due to the shingle virus and valtrex medication - my body went into a semi-shock-state. I was in the Hospital all day Thursday and released that night. For the past week, my central nervous system has been hit hard as this virus goes into hibernation mode. My right eye also has been affected and I suffer from right eye vision distortions and it appears I lost part of my peripheral vision in my right eye due to shingle virus. I am currently waiting a conformation on vision from eye doctor. He thinks this condition may improve but test results are due this Monday.

With all this going on, I have been off work for 7 days now. I was scheduled for a short vacation this Easter week and still hope to be able to take it. I was hoping to visit the Grand Canyon this next week but I am not sure about my vision and being able to drive long distance.

Also note that if I failed to communicate very well past month, please understand why. I am very tired and need a rest...

April, 9 2004 was the first day I felt good in a month. My nervous system seems to be returning to normal as I do not have the internal shaking and shock feelings shooting through my body. This is good news. Shingles are a nasty virus and I am one of the rare people to have such after effects caused by this bug.

Goes to show you that life is a fleeting thing. I suggest to you all, enjoy life :-)) Do not fret over oobs and other things. Life is too short and full of unforeseen things that it is best to live life today the best you can as you do not know what tomorrow may bring."

Now, the OOBs have been finished and sent to Matrix, but Bryan has indeed gone above & beyond in overseeing the completion of these, despite his illness.
I want to send Bryan my best wishes for recovering from this virus, and I know you guys will join me in wishing him well.
Glenn
Goblin

RE: "Marauder Mel" has been seriously ill--

Post by Goblin »

Best wishes and a speedy recovery!

Goblin
chief

Post by chief »

Get well soon MM, my prayers for a speedy recovery.
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
bchapman

Post by bchapman »

Bryan,
You have been added to our prayer list. We will pray that the side effects won't be permanent. I will have to agree with you, that that are things more important that worrying about the latest upgrade release for a game. Have a wonderful Easter, and hopefully a great vacation.
Your work is much appreciated by us all. [:)]
Best wishes,
Rebelbug
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford
Huffy

Post by Huffy »

Mel...best wishes...and the best of health to you....come on...you can beat it....
Take care ,
Huffy
Orzel Bialy

Post by Orzel Bialy »

Here's to your speedy recovery Mel. Use the time off to take care of yourself and focus only on what really matters...health and family.
Recon_slith

Post by Recon_slith »

Put your feet up and relax. The world will still turn without the 8.2 oob's.

Get well soon.
Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain
Major_Johnson

Post by Major_Johnson »

Had a bout with the shingles myself some years back. Fortunately, it got caught early. But talk about the itch that wouldn'y go away, no matter how much you scratch!! They said stress can be a contributing factor. So do by all means, kick back and relax!! We'll be here!! Feel better soon!
M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Prayers are with you Mel! take it easy for awhile!

Jess

Im making war, not trouble~

VikingNo2

Post by VikingNo2 »

Thankyou for all your hard work and get well soon[:D]
John David

Post by John David »

Mel,

Everyone here takes your words to heart!

Everyone here wishes you the best!

Get Well!!

JD
The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

Kevin E. Duguay

Post by Kevin E. Duguay »

Bryan,

Hope to see you well again, thank you for all you've done! [:)]
KED
robot

Post by robot »

Mel i have been married to my wife for over 44 yrs. In the early part of our marriage she had several bouts of the shingles. They always broke out on her back. Had a tough time with them. Never had to take her to the hospital even tho she was in a lot of misery. Slowly the time between attacks got longer. Till now she breaks out maybe every 2 to 4 yrs. Know what you have been going thru wish a speedy recovery to you.
Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

hey Bryan get well, I know what it's like to get sick but the bounce back will come... take it easy!
Sergio Castaldi

Post by Sergio Castaldi »

Bryan,

I'm shocked about this notice. J hope your healt will be best in the next days. I'm prying for you. Go my friend.

Sincerly

Sergio
Mark Ezra

Post by Mark Ezra »

Tough times don't last, tough people do! You hang in there, buddy
All Hail Marx and Lennon

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”