New - How to start

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

PvtBenjamin

New - How to start

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Just bought the game

The tutorial is sort of clunky , is there a more interactive way to learn?

Is the PBEM game active? Can I ind opponents once I get up to speed?
ArmouredLion

RE: New - How to start

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hey, brother... I'd play AI a few times just to knock the green off... then some PBEM... Try the basic version first. If you like it, then you'll love the 1938 mod... super fun. For me, ATG & 38 mod is tops. As a general, you have sooo many options to put forth your strategy and tactics. I love the game tremendously... but, be wary, experienced players have a huge advantage. So, give it a go a few times against the AI then get a small game in PBEM. Maybe even, like chess, play both sides to see how it goes. I'm not an expert at the game, but you taught me a ton in SC, so any questions just PM me... GL!
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

many thanks look forward to it

PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

seems there are many youtube instructional vids which are much better to understand the basics

balto

Post by balto »

Great youtuber for Advanced Tactics -- TortugaPower.
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Thanks Balto . Tortuga is the one I'm watching. Its a great help.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”