Construction in storms possible?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

CMS1302

Construction in storms possible?

Post by CMS1302 »

Hey there,

has anyone figured out a way to construct bases in a galactic storm? Seems a little weird to me, that it should not be possible to build something in so many places, that's why I think it must be possible though difficult.

Tanks

Ingo
Aeson

RE: Construction in storms possible?

Post by Aeson »

Try creating a new design and adding armor to it before you add anything else, then order that design built in the storm cloud. It may also help to improve your Construction Yard components in the Energy and Construction tree so that they can assemble the station more quickly.
CMS1302

Post by CMS1302 »

Did you succeed building a base in a storm, Aeson?! [&o]

That was my idea too and I already tried that - as soon as the construction ship starts working, the base explodes… even with out a lightning. I also added three construction-factories of each kind on the construction ship. I am pretty much at the end of the tech-tree and my armor and construction yards are as good as they get.

That's why I think there has to be something else one has to consider - I just can't figure out what and don't want to waste my time in trying something just to learn that it was never possible in first place.

Or is just possible in a specific version?

Kull

Post by Kull »

An alternative is to create a special type of ship with high levels of shielding and all the other elements you wanted in that base, and then just park it there. One reason not to have a base there is it will operate like flypaper, drawing in civilian supply ships that will probably be annihilated by the storm.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”