No Vichy

Moderator: Hubert Cater

Searry

No Vichy

Post by Searry »

I am trying a new game on the newest patch and there's no Vichy when I take Paris and not even later. They just moved the capital to Bordeaux. What is going on??? NM has been zero for a while now.

EDIT: looks like Paris is not enough but you have to take a lot more land now. I got Vichy in august!
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Numdydar

RE: No Vichy

Post by Numdydar »

It random for all nations. Killing units and taking other cities will help with the trigger firing for surrender, including forming Vichy.

Just taking the capital is no longer enough. But it will help a lot [:)]
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

Hmmm, has anybody tried to vacate Paris preserving an abundance of French units as you fall back to defend the interior making the supply for the Germans more restrictive?
SeaMonkey
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

The only issue with falling back is that there are other cities North of Paris that you would lose as well. Since we do not know the exact trigger point for a surrender, pulling back might mean losing one unit/city too many and its all over.

Since a capital does count pretty heavily in the decision, it may not take a whole lot more to end things.
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

Personally, haven't spent alot of time on this game. Played maybe 4 games against A.I. for kicks. I'm looking to play Human-2-Human. If anyone wants to PBEM, talk to me.

@James Taylor --- Love your music. Top 5 songs of yours:

1) You've Got a Friend
2) Carolina on My Mind
3) Something in the Way She Moves (thing Beatles covered this slightly better)
4) How Sweet It Is
5) Fire & Rain

This is awesome, James Taylor, Elvis, were missing some Stones. Love the new group "Greta Van Flett", they ROCK!!!

Jailhouse Rock,
-EJR
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”