Configuration for New Computer

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wwengr

Configuration for New Computer

Post by wwengr »

FWIW
I have 2 laptops, relatively new, 1 brand new. I struggled getting the game to work. I got the best result with my newest, cheap computer (AMD A6 w/Radeon R4). Only Windows 7 Compatibility Mode worked.

I used the following switches:
-w (full screen was glitchy no matter what I did)
-altFont (I am getting older)
-SingleCpuOrders (it worked)
-cpu2
-multiaudio (not sure why, but it was glitchy without it)
-deepColor
-dd_sw
I have been inputting my orders for the campaign game first turn since July 4, 2009. I'm getting close. In another month or two, I might be able to run the turn!
BBfanboy

RE: Configuration for New Computer

Post by BBfanboy »

You don't say what problems you are having.
As I recently posted, with Win 10 I had to change from -cpu2 to -cpu3 to cure a long hesitation on mouse clicks and other inputs
I also had to ditch the -dd_sw switch to stop the graphic images on unit screens from jumping up and down.
I could not get Full Screen to work because the Windows Command Bar wouldn't go behind it. There may be a way to do this but I haven't found it yet. I just put the Command Bar on the right side of the screen and adjusted my window by dragging borders to fit within the available space remaining.

EDIT: forgot to add that I remember seeing something about laptops needing different switches than desktop systems, so what worked for me may not apply in your case.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
wwengr

Post by wwengr »

The -dd_sw switch caused the same thing in full screen, but not in window mode.
I have been inputting my orders for the campaign game first turn since July 4, 2009. I'm getting close. In another month or two, I might be able to run the turn!
spence

Post by spence »

I've got Windows 10.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -deepColor

Everything works just fine with no delay
steevo38

Post by steevo38 »

HI,
Yes, I've just installed on a brand new windows 10 laptop and the game is narrow screen and very slow/laggy.
Is this normal? What can be done to make it full screen and fast?
Cheers
Steve
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: steevo38
Yes, I've just installed on a brand new windows 10 laptop and the game is narrow screen and very slow/laggy.
Is this normal? What can be done to make it full screen and fast?
Yes, it is normal to stumble onto this in Win 10. It is also normal to make things vastly better by using some or all (play around) command line flags from the first post

Return to “Tech Support”