Deposed Rulers

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

basilstaghare

Deposed Rulers

Post by basilstaghare »

Playing as a Monarchy...is there anyway to help curtail your ruler being deposed? It seems that when a Colony Governor establishes himself, then inevitably, the ruler is overthrown...or maybe this is intended? Thanks.
Aeson

RE: Deposed Rulers

Post by Aeson »

The only thing that I can think of that might have an effect is to try to keep your population happier - have a decent diplomatic reputation, try to ensure that your planets have enough of all the strategic resources and three or four luxury resources, prevent pirate raids on your colonies, keep taxes relatively low, maybe a few other things like that. If everyone is already pretty happy, then I don't know that there's anything else you can do in the game.

If you're willing to mod files, I believe you can set a modifier to the leader replacement chance in [install directory]\Races\[speciesname].txt and [install directory]\governments.txt.
basilstaghare

RE: Deposed Rulers

Post by basilstaghare »

Thanks. All colonies have happiness of 20+ and a green smiley face...no pirate raids...the only issue you mention would be the occasional shortage of resources...hmmmm…

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”