Question on Bomber Groups attacking contested Base

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

rich91a

Question on Bomber Groups attacking contested Base

Post by rich91a »

Situation is this:

Playing as Allies, Port Moresby in my hands but large Japanese ground force recently landed by transport tf on Port Moresby Hex.

Japs have started Bombardment Ground attacks on Allied troops holding Port Moresby.

If I send a Bomber Group on a Ground Attack mission against Port Moresby, what will happen? Will the Bombers just hit the Jap troops or will they damage Port Moresby / Allied troops as well?

If I send a Bombardment tf to Port Moresby, will they take on the Jap troops only or will they damage Port Moresby / Allied troops?

Answers will be much appreciated.:)
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

They will only attack the enemy troops within that hex.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Full Moon

Post by Full Moon »

Originally posted by Raverdave
They will only attack the enemy troops within that hex.

Well, not always. Once I sent bombardment TF to Nevea which was one of my bases and was being invaded by Allied. I set it 'patrol/do not retire'. What happened was it hit my own port, airfield and troops during night and hit enemy troops during next day.:(
"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory."
Georges Clemenceau
Nasrullah

Post by Nasrullah »

The bomber group will generally attack the enemy unit with the highest assault point rating, kill some men in that unit and raise
its disruption level. You can effectively nullify one enemy unit per day with air to ground attacks.

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”