Something weird with allied comms

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Ancalagon451

Something weird with allied comms

Post by Ancalagon451 »

I'm currently playing a sub scenario in which the sub is the only unit of my side but I have an allied side in the area to give me sporadic intel.

Problem is that as of the moment of the attached save, I'm receiving elint info about a radar radiating enemy unit (the emitter tag over the ship was what tipped me that something was off) while i'm more than a thousand feet under the surface.

Contact log confirms that it's being detected by the RWR of an allied plane (shark 4) but in this very moment I'm out of comms with said allied side, and I don't know even where they situated, so it stands to reason that I shouldn't be reciving information from one of them.

TL,DR: I'm still receiving partial information from an allied side I'm out of comms with.

Ancalagon
Attachments
NewMexico..ar2023.zip
(336.2 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
serjames

RE: Something weird with allied comms

Post by serjames »

The feature of being underwater and not able to receive comms... is not simulated - would be cool, but make the missions very tricky I would imagine
Ancalagon451

Post by Ancalagon451 »

The problem here is that I'm receiving info from an unit not in my side, and in a moment of time when info sharing between that side and me is disabled.

The submerged comment was made to point that it couldn't be myself the one who was detecting that radar (and the detection log agrees with me).

Ancalagon
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

yep, that looks wrong. But you only see the 2 ship/sub units, there is a plane with a radar on in that area too, and I played around with it a bit and it will show the emitter tag for the plane when you are allied with the US (friendly) but as soon as you go back to neutral you never see the plane again, but every 16 seconds you get the sub and ship updated.

Return to “Tech Support”