Sub War in GD1938

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

AstroBlues

Sub War in GD1938

Post by AstroBlues »

What would be some tips on handling German subs in the GD1938 game. I am Germany and when I send my subs out, the British player will bring up his navy, surround the sub, and then eliminate the unit. Is there anyway to prevent this? It would be cool if the opposing side could not see the subs. I realize that is not in the scope of this game.
cpdeyoung

RE: Sub War in GD1938

Post by cpdeyoung »

It would be cool if the opposing side could not see the subs.
You are playing with fog of war on, right? If so the subs must be scouted for, which can be a difficult task.
I am Germany and when I send my subs out, the British player will bring up his navy, surround the sub, and then eliminate the unit. Is there anyway to prevent this?
Generally I do not like to place all subs in a single hex. I place them in adjacent hexes so retreats are possible. Subs are tough and can hurt attackers. Use SS3 as quickly as you can. SS2 are Ok, but SS1 will not do much for you.

Make your subs hard to find. Put them where they can be effective, but make the enemy do a lot of looking.

Chuck

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”