D21 scenario change of Luftwaffe counters color

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
fulcrum28

D21 scenario change of Luftwaffe counters color

Post by fulcrum28 »

is it possible to change the colors of a specific type of units (e.g. aircrafts) without having to edit the color for each of the 298 units using the editor?
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Oberst_Klink

RE: D21 scenario change of Luftwaffe counters color

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

is it possible to change the colors of a specific type of units (e.g. aircrafts) without having to edit the color for each of the 298 units using the editor?
Yup. But you're talking about the unit counter(s), no? Not the icons/silhouettes?!

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (309.52 KiB) Viewed 244 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thanks for your reply, yes, the counters.
how did you get that screenshot for unit report? in editor? you mean if i change the icon/counter color shown by the arrow, all aircrafts counter change color?
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

im using my editor but i cannot find "unit report" like screen. I only see Force Editor, but it is not displayed like that.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

im using my editor but i cannot find "unit report" like screen. I only see Force Editor, but it is not displayed like that.

In Deployment mode you can get a Unit Report, key 'U', Formation Report, key 'F', OOB report, key 'O'. You can edit equipment in the Force Editor but I think you probably know that.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

yes, but his screen shows "unit report" but also he shows an arrow pointing to the color unit, which is ONLY show to me when I use Force Editor. But when I use Force Editor, my screen does not show like his screenshot.

so i dont know how to change all my aircraft counter color from grey to green with a single click, instead of editing 289 counters color one by one.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

is he using Editing mode or is he accessing this screen though the play mode?
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

TOAW Tutorial - Scenario Dump, Unit Colors & Names
For The Operational Art of War v3.4.1.9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRaL0s9sgg
Changing Colors [and effect of Cooperation and the Withdraw Army Event]

You can't change colors by icons. You can change all of one color to another.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

yes, but his screen shows "unit report" but also he shows an arrow pointing to the color unit, which is ONLY show to me when I use Force Editor. But when I use Force Editor, my screen does not show like his screenshot.

so i dont know how to change all my aircraft counter color from grey to green with a single click, instead of editing 289 counters color one by one.

His screen shot is in the Scenario Editor. On the Menu Bar at top. Edit/Deployment. Then when you are in the DEPLOYMENT mode you can bring up the Unit Report. 'U' for unit, 'F' for formation, 'O' for OOB. He added the arrow himself. sPzAbt653 has the link for what you want for colors.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0121.47.jpg
ScreenHunt..0121.47.jpg (605.33 KiB) Viewed 243 times

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thank you but game crashes when inside editor i click on the counter to change color.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

i changed luftwaffe colors as shown in pic in D21 scenario. thanks for your help. :)

Attachments
d21_luftwaffe_colors.jpg
d21_luftwaffe_colors.jpg (317.24 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

thank you but game crashes when inside editor i click on the counter to change color.
Sorry about it... I forgot to start the vanilla version. In the force editor it works, not in the (u)nit info.

Glad that you managed to proceed though.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Like the other guys said, don't use the editor that you see when you use the 'U' key. It's not fully functional. I do use it for some things like to change the 'untried' and 'veteran' status of units.

Below is from the editor thread which you need to read if you have not: tm.asp?m=4387350

"A new force editor is partially completed, but will need more work before the legacy one can be abandoned. I’ll cover the new stuff later. For now, the force is best generated via the legacy editor."

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”