Moving through a port

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

Moving through a port

Post by TeaLeaf »

How is this done again?

I just tried to move through Tangiers with the Queens (that port south of Gibraltar), using CTRL+left click but it doesn't seem to be working.

The window opens, asking to select units to be dropped off. No units are selected, because there's only 1 unit in the stack and it wants to move through. After clicking OK, the Queens stop in Tangiers!
paulderynck

RE: Moving through a port

Post by paulderynck »

Get the Lift in hand (selected), then CTRL-left click on the desired port, the unit should go there, and the load/drop off dialog opens. Choose the unit to load and OK. Then OK again and you should have the loaded Lift in hand once more so then click on its destination. Of course the unit must have enough range to do all this.

The trick is to CTRL-left-click on the way in but not on the way out. (So specifying a route by left-clicking sea zones on the way out might not be possible. When I tried it, the game went into hibernation and had to be force quit.)

Paul
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Another possibility - is Gibraltar enemy controlled? Then that move could violate naval movement restrictions if it goes into/out-of the CSV and out-of/into the Med.
Paul
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Damn... This game is so huge there is always at least 1 rule i forgot about.
yeah, Gibraltar is controlled by Germany, which is why I wanted to move via Tangier and indeed why this isn't possible in the first place ;-).

Thanks!

Return to “WIF School”