Weather and Air Missions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

BK6583

Weather and Air Missions

Post by BK6583 »

I tried doing a search as I'm sure this question has been asked before. Playing the Allies in the D-Day campaign. I'm deep into October and have encountered "Heavy Rain" for the first time. Is this a show stopper for Allied air directives - in that not many missions will fly and the hit on morale will be significant as to not be worth the effort?
bomccarthy

RE: Weather and Air Missions

Post by bomccarthy »

While most others will advise resting your units, I usually keep the air directives active, even setting the minimum (flying) weather to "All". Since very few missions will fly during heavy rain, most of my air units actually realize an improvement in morale and reduced fatigue by the next turn. However, you won't inflict much, if any, interdiction; but, you can still get some strategic bombing results from even one or two missions.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”