Advance Question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

jcrohio

Advance Question

Post by jcrohio »

Is there a reason the German squad in the lower right cannot advance on the stone building with the smoke on it?
In fact none of the three squads could advance into the hex. Have a save if needed.

Attachments
Advance.jpg
Advance.jpg (121.28 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Jack
Peter Fisla

RE: Advance Question

Post by Peter Fisla »

Hi jcrohio, Can you provide saved game file ? I can take a look...
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Excuse me Jack,

Not related to your question, but may I ask which TotH graphics mod are you using?

It looks like virtual ASL with small markers? Haven't seen the mod before, wonder if its downloadable somewhere.

Regards,
John[:)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Peter

My fault. Trying to advance up hill into a building with smoke. Missed the uphill part. Should not have been able to do it.
If I am wrong and you still want the save let me know.

Big Ivan. Wish I could take credit but this is just one of the mods put out when the game was released. Can't remember whose.
Richie or Jmass probably. I just tweaked it a little. You are welcome to it. Zip file enclosed.

Jack

Big Ivan - just saw you are from Mansfield and born in 1954 - also born in 1954 - from Marysville just north of Columbus -
small world!!
Attachments
Terrain.zip
(4.17 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
Jack
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Jack,

Thanks loads for the zip file![&o]

Hey were practically neighbors. I've been gaming for years. My first gaming love is John Tillers Campaign Series and
Matrix Campaign Series Middle East.

But Peter has done such a fine job with this game I can't seem to just put it down, I really like playing it. Reminds me so much of ASL.

Hey drop me a line if you get a chance we'll talk about the great State of Ohio and gaming.

Cheers!
John[:)]
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

John

Sorry this took so long. Actually started as a child with AH Jutland and Africa Korps. Played AH VITP and Gettysburg
with my brother in law when we were young but then we each had children and that ended. Started computer gaming on an
old Apple IIe back in the 80's. Been off and on ever since.

If my brother in law ever slows down (I'm retired) I would like to get back to some board gaming. Passed many a Sunday
playing games.

As for the great state of Ohio - right now it is too damn cold!! Snow flurries outside. Looking forward to some sun.

Jack
Jack
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Jack,

Boy that time line sounds so familiar. I started with Panzerblitz, Jutland and Battle of the Bulge by AH.

Graduated to Panzer Leader and Squad Leader. Spent many a night into the wee hours of the morning playing
mega-scenarios of Panzer Leader with 3 other buddies 2x2. Then real life took control and gaming to the wee
hours was gone. Stayed with ASL for a few years with other friends in new cities.
Then came computers, Talonsoft's Campaign Series and the board gaming was out of the picture.

Not retired yet, but close. Looking like next year.

Yes, totally agree! We need some sun and warmer temperatures. This winter just keeps hanging on it seems.

John
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Hi folks,

I could have written your last two posts, down to the names of the games (on the other hand, there were not so many titles available in the mid-70s [:D]).

As regards to Jutland, I remember leaving my history teacher speechless when she asked my to speak about WW1 and I replied with a long and detailed technical picture of the tactical superiority of German ships vs. British ships [:D]

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
sonofdavros

Post by sonofdavros »

How do you get the traditional SL counter view, please?
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

You'll find all the nice Mods over here fb.asp?m=4036287
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Return to “Tech Support”