How to upgrade from the Battlefront version

This is the Gold Edition of the Original Strategic Command: Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare combined. It also Patton Drives East expansion and Strategic Command Pacific Theatre.
Daniele

How to upgrade from the Battlefront version

Post by Daniele »

This is not a new game. We are taking over from Battlefront as the publisher of this game. If you already bought the game/s from Battlefront please read this carefully.

Since this is a combination of a number of games it isn't possible to map ownership of any one game to this package. What we're doing is offering discounts to existing users.

What Happened
Hubert worked with Battlefront for many years and they had a good relationship but Battlefront wants to focus on their own games and not act as a publisher for others. As a result, Battlefront is retiring all the old Strategic Command games from their store and we will be adding them to ours.

This is the third of the old games to come across. It is the exact same game as released on Battlefront, just with their e-license system removed and our serial number system added. We'll also be adding the games to Steam and you'll get a Steam key from us. There are no additional features and it does not use our PBEM system, it is just a way to continue the old games to be sold and supported as Battlefront don't have the bandwidth to do this.

What version will you sell?
The Matrix version is the Gold Edition of the Original Strategic Command: Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare combined. It also contains Patton Drives East expansion and Strategic Command Pacific Theatre

Do I have to Buy it Again?
Users who have owned the previous games will get discounts based on what they owned.
If you owned the base game, your base game serial / licence key will act as a 40% discount off of the Matrix version.
If you owned any of the expansions your serial / licence key will act as a 60% discount off of the Matrix version.

How do I get the game on Steam?
Once you've got a serial number for the Matrix version if you have not already done so register it at the members area. You'll then be offered the option to generate a Steam key.
Do this and then use that key to redeem your game on Steam.

Will you support the Battlefront version?
We will only be supporting the Matix version, but we are not able to support the old Battlefront version as we don't know how it works or have any way to resolve issues.

Any More Questions?
If you need more information please feel free to ask!
WayneBGood

RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version

Post by WayneBGood »

Hi, couple of things, when entering my old s/n for SC it states 40% discount but the price remains the same, 39 dollars. And, you can only enter 1 S/N, instead can you enter the expansion pact S/N for the 60% discount?
Thanks
McGlu

Post by McGlu »

Great to see that there's a discount for previous buyers. Will easily buy again just to have a Steam version and bypass the Battlefront activation foolery.

But I've read the above multiple times and don't see where I enter a previous S/N to get the discount. Where are the details?
-McGlu
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

You can only enter one serial so enter the best discount and hit the "apply" button to update the price.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
harley9699

Post by harley9699 »

I was trying to use one of the keys in the Members area - not as a coupon code...if that helps anyone else.
McGlu

Post by McGlu »

I figured it out and entered my serial as a coupon code during checkout. That was the detail I was missing.
-McGlu
sh0nyu

Post by sh0nyu »

I own a battlefront copy of SC Pacific Theatre but the Serial doesn't work as a discount. Is that right?
(7th Jan 2020)
Jan 42 GC as Allies (PBEM)
Dec 41 of first GC as Japan (PBEM)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Pacific, should work as 60% discount.
Make sure you are using the correct serial.
sh0nyu

Post by sh0nyu »

All right - worked now! Thanks VPaulus!
(7th Jan 2020)
Jan 42 GC as Allies (PBEM)
Dec 41 of first GC as Japan (PBEM)
Gunja

Post by Gunja »

Hi,

I own the original game, the WaW and the Patton expansion and also the Pacific game, all in the Battlefront version. Does this mean, I still receive only a 60% discount or is there a way to transfer the games to the matrix/steam version without paying (since otherwise it would mean to pay 40% just for continued support and steam ability)?

Gunja
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Yes, you'll only receive a 60% discount.
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

Thanks for the discount option and the free Steam key, that is truly a great customer service!
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
MadMarlin

Post by MadMarlin »

More than happy to purchase it again to support your fantastic products!

Keep up the great work!
MM
avensis

Post by avensis »

I just bought this game that I wanted to have it a long time ago and I find it excellent. Thank you.

Return to “Strategic Command Classic WWII”