WinRAR Extraction

Your panzer is not running well? Stop here and tell us what's happening!
Rosseau

WinRAR Extraction

Post by Rosseau »

When I hit play game from the Start menu, I get the WinRAR menu. Where am I supposed to extract Desert.War.jar and start.jar?? This is a new one...

I did extract both jar files to the main directory, but WinRAR keeps coming up.
SamSlitherine

RE: WinRAR Extraction

Post by SamSlitherine »

Hi Rosseau

Win10 and some other win operating systems at times, often don't seem to recognise the DesertWar.jar as an exe
- It seems that Windows is trying to use winzip/winrar to open and run DesertWar.jar and not Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Change this and the game should run.
- To change it right click on your Desert War desktop shortcut icon and choose open file location. Find DesertWar.jar, right click on it and change 'Opens with' from Winzip/winrar to Java(TM) Platform SE binary (if its not offered search through 'more apps', it should be there)

Happy Gaming!
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

The process created a "start.bat" file, which takes me directly to the main menu. That's okay with me. Thanks for the super-fast response!

- Mike
Saladino

Post by Saladino »

ORIGINAL: SamSlitherine

Hi Rosseau

Win10 and some other win operating systems at times, often don't seem to recognise the DesertWar.jar as an exe
- It seems that Windows is trying to use winzip/winrar to open and run DesertWar.jar and not Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Change this and the game should run.
- To change it right click on your Desert War desktop shortcut icon and choose open file location. Find DesertWar.jar, right click on it and change 'Opens with' from Winzip/winrar to Java(TM) Platform SE binary (if its not offered search through 'more apps', it should be there)

Happy Gaming!

Hello

I've done the process and tells me that the serial number of the game is wrong to install it again with a correct serial number. Today buy the game in Matrix Game.

The weird thing is that if I start the game directly from the start. bat file The game starts without going through the launcher

He hecho el proceso y me dice que el numero de serie del juego es incorrecto que lo instale otra vez con un numero de serie correcto.

Lo raro es que si inicio el juego directamente desde el archivo start.bat el juego arranca sin pasar por el lanzador
JosephM

Post by JosephM »

Hello Saladino,

I'm sorry you are having problems with this. Can I confirm that you have downloaded the installer from a new purchase and then run this to install the game, and the game has installed correctly? Therefore the issue with the serial number error is showing after this has been installed?

If so, please open the folder where you've installed the game. Locate and select a file named "autorun.exe". Press the right mouse button and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab. Tick the option "Run this program as an administrator". Click on "Apply" and "Ok". Double click on "autorun.exe" for running the program and check if the issue persists.
Saladino

Post by Saladino »

ORIGINAL: JosephM

Hello Saladino,

I'm sorry you are having problems with this. Can I confirm that you have downloaded the installer from a new purchase and then run this to install the game, and the game has installed correctly? Therefore the issue with the serial number error is showing after this has been installed?

If so, please open the folder where you've installed the game. Locate and select a file named "autorun.exe". Press the right mouse button and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab. Tick the option "Run this program as an administrator". Click on "Apply" and "Ok". Double click on "autorun.exe" for running the program and check if the issue persists.

Good afternoon

It's been a recent purchase

Maybe he doesn't explain it to me. If I give the game shortcut appears the launcher of the game (this is the one that belongs to the file "autorun. exe ", I think). Once open the launcher is where the problem comes. What happens is that instead of launching the game, what appears is the inside of the file "DesertWar. jar" from program WinRaR.

On the other hand, I have run the autorun file as administrator and the problem is not solved, because apparently the problem is in the file "Start, Bat ". If I execute directly from this file the game jumps directly to the menus

Buena tardes

Ha sido una compra reciente

Quizás no me explique bien. Si le doy al acceso directo del juego aparece el lanzador del juego (este es el que pertenece al archivo "autorun.exe", creo) . Una vez abierto el lanzador es donde viene el problema. Lo que ocurre es que, en vez de lanzar el juego, lo que aparece es el interior del archivo "DesertWar.jar". desde el programa WinRAR

Por otra parte, he ejecutado el archivo autorun como administrador y tampoco se resuelve el problema, ya que al parecer el problema está en el archivo "start,bat". Si yo ejecuto directamente desde este archivo el juego salta directamente a los menus

JosephM

Post by JosephM »

Sorry, but the game application itself, which is linked to from the autorun.exe file, is the .jar file, and if you are having issues with this trying to run in WinRAR, then the issue is that your default file permissions in Windows are not correct, so you need to do as SamSlitherine suggests, and reconfigure this within Windows to run the correct program to run this filetype.

Then any serial number issue is unrelated to the .jar issue. Serial number issues are usually due to either the game not having been installed correctly, which is fixed by reinstalling the game with the base installer instead of using a patch or copying and pasting the game's install file from a previous computer; or is due to the game not being able to access the Registry to validate the values within, which is fixed by running as an administrator.

I think that the issue here is that you are conflating the two issues, and assuming that either one of these two fixes will fix both issues, when instead you need to do both if you are having two issues. So first, please correctly configure your file permissions, then run the Autorun.exe file as an admin. If the serial number issue persists after running the autorun file as an admin, then please try doing the same for the desert war .jar file
Saladino

Post by Saladino »

ORIGINAL: JosephM

Sorry, but the game application itself, which is linked to from the autorun.exe file, is the .jar file, and if you are having issues with this trying to run in WinRAR, then the issue is that your default file permissions in Windows are not correct, so you need to do as SamSlitherine suggests, and reconfigure this within Windows to run the correct program to run this filetype.

Then any serial number issue is unrelated to the .jar issue. Serial number issues are usually due to either the game not having been installed correctly, which is fixed by reinstalling the game with the base installer instead of using a patch or copying and pasting the game's install file from a previous computer; or is due to the game not being able to access the Registry to validate the values within, which is fixed by running as an administrator.

I think that the issue here is that you are conflating the two issues, and assuming that either one of these two fixes will fix both issues, when instead you need to do both if you are having two issues. So first, please correctly configure your file permissions, then run the Autorun.exe file as an admin. If the serial number issue persists after running the autorun file as an admin, then please try doing the same for the desert war .jar file

It is at this point, where I indicate that use Java instead of WinRAR when it gives the warning of the serial not correct

The game has been downloaded from the page of Matrix after I have bought it religiously.

Reinstalled it up to 3 times. I have not changed computers, and it has not been copied and pasted. I have run the shortcut as Administrator and does not work.

Moreover, if from the game folder I throw the game directly from the file start. bat, instead from Autorun. exe, the game starts but without going through the launcher.

I have more than 100 games purchased at Matrix and is the first one I have this issue

Return to “Tech Support”